Kurt Phillips🧛‍♂️ Profile picture
Nov 2, 2022 42 tweets 16 min read Read on X
1. So.

I just finished watching Pat King's testimony.

And it was... something.

Suffice to say I don't have time to deal with everything he said, but I thought I would put out a thread to provide context.
2. Let's get one thing out of the way right away.

In late 2021, Pat was prevented from boarding a flight due to his vax status. He was upset, hence the "catch a bullet" comment.

Since I would hate to take it out of context, her is the video he posted in it's entirety.
3. In early January he got wind of the planned convoy. Here on January 14 he talks about the Memorandum of Agreement that a faction of the participants was going to submit and suggested something would happen if the Senate rejected it.
4. On January 21, he hosted a stream with Tamara Lich. I've cut that video in two so here is Part 1.
5. Part 2.
6. By January 24 Pat and his part of the convoy were on the road. They passed through Regina in the evening. He asked people to use their horns and that the one who could break the glass of a building doing so would "win" and he would pay any fine.
7. On January 26, 2022 Pat King speaks of the GoFundMe troubles and says that his removal connecting it to him was for optics.
8. On January 28, he was feeling really nervous and requesting a security detail upon his arrival.
9. I'm not sure it was "the left" who was stoking any violent rhetoric.
10. Pat King and his crew arrived in Ottawa and began his walkabout on January 29, 2022. Pat was treated as a conquering hero.
11. Shaking hands, taking photos of well wishers thanking him for his efforts.
12. Hell, he was practically kissing babies at this point.
13. So even if the organizers like Lich and Barber didn't consider Pat to be among the leadership, the people on the streets certainly did and many of them hung on his every word.
14. On January 30, Tyson Billings (Pat's right hand man) shot a video of himself handing cash out to people in their trucks.
15. That evening Pat claimed that he was on his way to a meeting of the leadership in an undisclosed location. Whether or not that was bs, who knows? His supporters believed him.

He also unironically complains about traffic.
16. Pat was interviewed by friendly media on January 31.
17. And yes, you heard that right.

Pat king compares himself to both Terry Fox AND Gandhi.
18. This is one I spliced together because I appreciate the contrast of Pat saying something regarding Tamara Lich and then claiming he didn't say it.
19. By February 4 (I'm going to start skipping a lot) Pat was... checking my notes.... done!

Probably 100% too!

Demanding the resignation of Trudeau and the dissolution of the Liberal Party.
20. On February 6, Pat King says that Ottawa is literally evil.
21. Here on February 8 Pat King continues to tells the people of Ottawa just how much he loves them.

Also talks about bear hugs again.

In spite of the injunction, tells his supporters to blow their horns as a form of revenge.
22. Talks on February 8 about filing papers with lawyers (CBC defamed him, dontchaknow?) and getting money to "truckers".
23. Pat King has a press conference (with no press) with others who claim some leadership in this effort, including Brigitte Belton.
24. In the morning of February 15, Pat helps to direct trucks to ensure if one leaves, two take it's place to keep the roads blocked.
25. I've a few more but I've hit the limit. I'll continue after this thread uploads.
26. We also found out if you DO get sick and die, well, that's just the survival of the fittest.
27. Also on February 15, Pat King continues to show his great love for the people of Ottawa by doxxing those who disagree with the occupation and making threats.
28. He also makes the claim that @antihateca received "a lot" of money from the government (he has claimed $45 million). He asks you to "trust him."

Yeah... no. We received a one time grant of about $250,00 if I recall.

If we HAD $45 million we would crush this movement.
29. And though I have a LOT more, we shall end it with this.

He lies about having a lawyer (at one point a whole team of lawyers).

Suffice to say this claim really, really, REALLY, doesn't help him.
30. He was very confident he wouldn't be arrested but in the unlikely event he was, he would be in and out within the hour.
31. Instead, he was arrested and in jail for months.

rdnewsnow.com/2022/02/25/cro…
33. I admit to having a bit of fun with this.
34. So, there we are. A very, very, brief overview of Pat King's time in Ottawa.

Compare this with his often petulent testimony.

35. If you are a masochist and want to look at more of Pat being Pat as well as other individuals and groups in Ottawa, the Coutts border, and other locations, feel free to peruse my thread of threads:

37. Well it seems upon viewing some of my other videos that I will need to do a Part II for this thread.

Why?

Well, for one remember when Pat King said they didn't block traffic at the airport in his testimony today?

38. Well... turns out that MAY have not been true.

For example, he and Tyson Billings are pleased as punch that their slow roll blocked people who were parked.
39. And when he said that the didn't block both lanes.

Well, that ALSO turns out not to be true.
40. Was it the joyride because they were "bored" as Pat King claimed, or was there another reason for the "slow roll"?

I'm going with box #2 as Pat suggests this was sort of an act of revenge for denying him a flight on November 30, 2021.
41. So, yeah.

There is going to be a second thread because there is FAR more than this.

Stay tuned.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Kurt Phillips🧛‍♂️

Kurt Phillips🧛‍♂️ Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @ARCCollective

May 15
1/ It's been a while since I've done a thread here, but the recent focus on Pat King got me to wondering what was up with his own Salacious Crumb, Tyson "Freedom George" Billings.

cbc.ca/news/canada/ot…
2/ Last time I looked at Billings he was a part of the efforts to set up a permenant camp outside Ottawa so there could be daily protests, though the original plan involved surrounding the police and arresting politicians.

Suffice to say it didn't go anywhere.
3/ Billings and Ron Clark soon headed home, but they both soon got involved in other protests including the anti-carbon tax protests occurring in the province. The numbers at these events have been small but that hasn't stopped from politicians from courting the fringes it seems. Image
Read 37 tweets
Mar 26
1/ Though I'm not especially active these days, I'm still sometimes gobsmacked by some of the ridiculous (though sadly effective) rage farming by some on the right. Harrison Faulkner of "True North" is just a recent example of that. Image
2/ So a bit of background. Musical artist Karan Aujla won the 2024 TikTok Juno Fan Choice Award at the award ceremony this past weekend.

I think it was this weekend. Truth be told I don't pay a lot of attention to awards shows.

3/ It should be noted that Aujla has been in Canada for years emigrating as an orphan. He graduated from high school in Canada. The album was produced by a Canadian on a Canadian label.

He has made his home here.
Read 23 tweets
Feb 19
1/ A couple of days ago self-proclaimed leaders of the "freedom movement" held a press conference in Ottawa which was about as unhinged as you might have expected.

2/ Apparently the person who set this up was Derek Noonan who was also one of the speakers.

That would be this guy and I shall get back to him shortly. Image
3/ Because these "freedom patriot" types are SUPER jealous of anyone getting even a tiny bit of the noteriety they seem to believe they deserve and are entitled to, Gordon Berry was not happy with the press conference.

Read 30 tweets
Dec 12, 2023
1. Misinformation has always been a feature on Twitter but prior to Musk's ownership there appeared to be a minimal effort (very minimal) to counter it. Those days are clearly over.

Case in point, Theo Fleury shared this with his 285.8K followers today: Image
2. Before I go any further, no. This is not in fact true at all and a fact check would indicate that it isn't true.

Pictured here with Chrystia Freeland is her mother and sister. Image
3. When asked about the photo, the original poster said it was taken in 1967: Image
Read 13 tweets
Oct 24, 2023
1. Tyson "Freedom George" Billings did a few live streams today that I think are rather telling.

Also, I realize that some of the clips may not appear, so at the end I'll be sure to link to a way that y'all can see the thread in it's entirety.
2. First, Billings is upset by the grifters using his name and creating fake profiles to sell "merch".

I will remind you that Billings buddy Pat King tried to set up what folks in the know suggest was a crypto scam.
Read 29 tweets
Oct 19, 2023
1. When Mathieu Venne was booted from the camp outside of Ottawa for giving an interview with the media, he did a live stream to air grievances.

While it was a painful hour to listen to, there was a small part that I found especially interesting.

2. I am NOT going to post a clip covering every part of the video, but I do think there are a couple that are important.

First, Venne claims that he wasn't able to be himself and had to be careful how he spoke.
3. It appears that for people who complain about controlled narratives, Norm Blanchfield and Gordon Berry are really determined to control the narrative.

But hypocrisy isn't a surprise.
Read 14 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(