Live in Kitchener at St.Mary’s Hospital where people are united with #Nurses to #SavePublicHealth #onpoli
We do not want to pay $150 for temp workers who lack benefits. We want nurses who have decent wages and supports. We want #PublicHealth to stay public. #StopPrivatization #onpoli #kitchener #Nurses #FordFailedNurses #FordFailedOntario
Nurses are calling for safe staffing, fair contracts, a removal of wage caps. #RecindBill124. Stop gutting healthcare. #ProtectPublicHealthcare
Next Rally at Grand River Hospital starts at 12:30-1:30. Join us!
Grand River Hospital rally to help #nurses & #SavePublicHealth on Feb 23rd/2023.
Unions & Concerned Citizens unite for #Nurses & #PublicHealthcare outside of Grand River Hospital in Waterloo Ontario on Feb 23 2023. We reject #Bill124 and want to #StopPrivatization.
It was -6 with chill factor. It was frozen rain and schools were cancelled but the people came out in droves in Kitchener and Waterloo and at hospitals all across Ontario. #NursesStrike #SavePublicHealth #FairPayforNursing #RecindBill124 #onpoli #cdnpoli #FordFailedOntario

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Louisette Lanteigne 🌎✌️⚖️♥️

Louisette Lanteigne 🌎✌️⚖️♥️ Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @lulex

May 13
People want peace. I support the kids calling for divestment in war. @BardishKW @CFifeKW @citywaterloo @RegionWaterloo @Redman4Region @JustinTrudeau @cafreeland @UWaterloo @CIGIonline @cppib @OTPPinfo #divestwar @DivestWR @kwpeace @KWMulticultural @WMC_WR @WRConnected @KWAwesome
I know @cppib the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board invested at least 7% of our pension funds in Israel’s oppression of Palestinians. justpeaceadvocates.ca/cppib-invests-…
@cppib I personally met with the CEO and executives of CPPIB in Toronto at their meeting 7 years ago where I asked them to divest of Israel’s weapons and surveillance on Palestinian civilians. I speak on the details of that meeting here.
Read 32 tweets
May 5
Canada is threatening to expropriate farmland from Mennonite folks in Wilmot Township and the world needs to know that. @JoeBiden @EmmanuelMacron @RishiSunak @UNDPGAIN @anticorruption @AntiCorruptIntl @OCCRP @hrw @HRWcanada @DemocracyWatchr @antonioguterres @ICIJorg #cdnpoli
Canacre approached the Wilmot Farmers to buy them out, is owned by Quantas Services in Houston, TX whose largest investors are Blackrock and Vanguard. Canacre Ltd. told farmland owners to sell their land within days or risk having it be expropriated. kitchener.citynews.ca/2024/04/03/mor…
Here is a brief history of the Mennonites who settled in what became Wilmot Township. commonsensedesign.net/newsArticle.ph…
Read 53 tweets
May 3
The Century Initiative was created by Dominic Barton and former CPPIB head Mike Wiseman who formed a lobbying group to bring in 100 Million new citizens to Canada by 2100. en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Century_I…
Dominic Barton worked for Rio Tinto as Senior Partner at McKinsey & Company and served as Global Managing Partner for 3 terms from 2009 to 2018. He became the Canadian Ambassador to China and now works as Chancellor at University of Waterloo. uwaterloo.ca/secretariat/pr…
During Barton's time as Global Managing Director of McKinsey & Co (2009 & 2018) the firm was embroiled in several scandals, e.g. - South Africa, Valeant, Insider trading by its investment affiliate, and association with several authoritarian regimes. ipolitics.ca/news/dominic-b…
Read 30 tweets
May 3
@the_nardd_dogg @occupyuoft I am a 55 years old and I grew up watching Free Masons parade in black face dressed as Arabic people at most of the Christmas parades during my childhood. There is a long history of anti Muslim sentiment in Canada that still has to shift.
@the_nardd_dogg @occupyuoft View 54 minutes into this free online film to see the history of my Acadian people in Canada and how the KKK worked with the Tory Party. nfb.ca/film/tintamarr…
@the_nardd_dogg @occupyuoft Many Canadians have been indoctrinated by hate groups, by the Orange Masons, by the Confederation of Regions, the Reform and Tory Parties to hate immigrants, to hate the French and to hate Indigenous people. It is still like that. cbc.ca/news/canada/ne…
Read 25 tweets
May 3
Pay attention to the Alberta connection in this mess people re: MILTON. @Gasp4Change @GreenbeltAllies @WendyGoodes @CharliePinkerto @kthomason @anticorruption @DemocracyWatchr @OFLabour @CUPEOntario @OPSEUSmokey @ecojustice_ca @envirodefence @CanEnvLawAssn #onpoli #MiltonVotes
Four sources said the former deputy leader’s ouster came amid a disagreement between the riding association’s board and the new candidate, Nadeem Akbar, over bringing in an Alberta-based organizer to run the local campaign. thestar.com/politics/feder…
Read 7 tweets
Apr 25
We knew Aamjiwnaang had issues with Benzene since 2019. @MaudeBarlow @ecojustice_ca @envirodefence @CanEnvLawAssn @ChiefsofOntario @AFN_Updates @AamjiwnaangBloc @AamjiwnaangFN @ONenvironment @JustinTrudeau @s_guilbeault @IENearth @UN4Indigenous @IBA_Canada @HRWcanada #onpoli
As a delegate of both Enbridge Line 9 hearings I knew that Benzene has a safety limit of 0.1 ppb for occupational workers but they used 1.0 to 1.8 ppb in the diluent used by Enbridge. Is this still happening?
The concerns of Benzene impacts many areas in Ontario. The Hamilton board of health wanted to end ArcelorMittal Dofasco's air-quality exemptions including the exemption that allows for 22 times more benzene emissions than the provincial standard. cbc.ca/news/canada/ha…
Read 9 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(