2. The numbers:
- 27 attacks documented killed at least 203 civilians and wounded 749.
- At least *122 children* and 56 women among the casualties.
- *All 27 attacks* involved US or UK weapons.
- Specifically: 22 w/ US weapons, 2 w/ UK weapons, and 3 w/ US and UK parts.
3. A lot of ink has been spilled (incl. by me) about potential complicity of #US + #UK in unlawful #Saudi#UAE coalition attacks, risk of weapons being used unlawfully.
Why is this report so important? Clear evidence UK and US arms *already are* being used unlawfully.
1. #Saudi has a bad track record of announcing formal mechanisms to look into deaths of civilians at the hands of its own officers which have then utterly failed to credibly investigate those deaths. See #Yemen. See #Khashoggi.
2. Each victim of an unlawful Saudi coalition strike in #Yemen is as worthy of concern as a Washington Post columnist. A groom and his wedding party. A child locked in jail. Villagers digging a well. Crowds shopping at a market. All killed or wounded in coalition bombings.
3. For years, the #Saudi coalition—armed and assisted by the #US—has killed and wounded thousands of civilians in Yemen, leaving behind a trail of death, destruction, and broken lives.