1) Nimu is the reserve brigade headquarter of Indian Army. Massive infra starting. 2) At LAC Army officials having talks with Chinese. He didn't want to disturb them. 3) A VIP visit would hinder sensitive army operational movements & engagements at LAC. Modi knows it.
4) A new road coming to Ladakh at Nimu from Padum in Zanskar Valley. Eventually connecting to Manali in HP. Vital for army security. 5) Modi had to visit injured soldiers who were in Leh. 6) Nimu has place for 4 choppers to land at a time. Vital for a PM's security.
1) There is too much of information overload. But people want in simple terms.
Let me try to explain in a non-military and non-diplomatic terminology so that you can undestand why China and Pakistan are playing the game they are playing in India's northernmost tip.
2) Watch this Google map closely. I made markings.
Siachen & Kargil are stars.
K2 (near Shaksgam) and Skardu are green hexagons.
All Saffron ticks are India's real borders.
The Red X's are Chinese push inside India since 1962.
Leh - Chang La - Durbok - Shyok - DBO road shown
3) DBO military airport, at 16,600 ft, is just 180 KM south East of Khunjerab Pass that connects Xinjiang in China to Gilgit of Pakistani Occupied Kashmir, further to Abottabad (Osama bin Laden's hideout) in Pakistan.
This, lifeline of the $60+ billion CPEC investment of China.
Few big mistakes by India, which led to anti-Indian feeling in #Nepal.
1) During UPA 1, the 12 point agreement signed in Dilli for restoring democracy in Nepal. Decades of balancing between India & China from the Nepalese side, started shifting heavily towards China.
2) UPA1: Since 1996, the Communists were trying to overthrow Nepal's monarchy. In May 2008 King Gyanendra lost it. Maoists disbanded the world's ONLY official Hindu Nation which existed for 240 years under a Gurkha Shah dynasty.
Huge blunder by India. Didn't do anything to save.
3) 2015 Nepali blockade under NDA 2. Communists accused India of imposing an undeclared blockade. Modi govt in India said shortages due to Madheshi protesters. 300 fuel trucks from India daily, fell to 5 to 10 daily. Nepal fell on Communist China's lap after this.
1) Have you heard of Avanijanashraya Pulikeshi? In 739 CE, this great king of Navasari area in today's Gujarat, defeated the invading Arabs on the banks of river Poorna.
The Pulikeshi victory was strong. The invading commander Al Hakkam was captured & killed brutally. #History
2) 1000s of Arabs were burnt alive in Navasari battlefield by the Chalukyas. Remember, the Chalukya emblem was a Varaha or wild boar! No wonder Arabs never talked of this humiliation.
This battle should be taught in schools to show the glorious fighting spirit of our ancestors.
3) At their peak 12 centuries back, the Chalukyas whose capital was in Badami or Vatapi in Karnataka, ruled over areas of 9 different states of India today. Were mighty and powerful.
Well known in Persia & beyond.
The greatest was Pulikeshi the second.
Puli = Tiger
Keshi = Hair
I usually ignore doomsday predictions. But this specific report from IIM-Rohtak caught my eye.
Their prediction so far 93% accurate!
And they are predicting 1,59,731 #COVID19 cases in India by 2nd May. I hope they are wrong... but these are best brains from IIM.
India would never forgive "IITan" Arvind Kejriwal for letting #TablighiJamaat event held in spite of state government orders prohibiting such events, and worse, allowing them to spread it to 18+ states of India.
1) The amount of Modi hate and ridicule that Nehru Dynasty slaves are pumping into social media is nauseating.
India produces 70% of the world's supply of #Hydroxychloroquine. 70%!! That's why not just Trump, but 30 countries are asking India for the drug now to fight #COVID19.
2) Ipca Laboratories, Zydus Cadila & Wallace Pharmaceuticals are 3 big companies producing HCQ.
India can produce 40 tons of HCQ in 30 days meaning 20,00,00,000 tablets of 200mg each. That's enough to supply to all COVID19 affected countries in the world, plus reserve for India!
3) Each COVID patient needs just 14 HCQ tablets in a course, so 1,42,85,714 patients in the world can be treated with HCG that India produces in just 30 DAYS!! There is enough for years of outbreak in the worst case.
Look at total cases in the world. Far far less than 1.42 cr.
1) Influenza viruses originate in waterfowl such as ducks or geese. 2) Corona virus originated in bats, and then probably to Pangolins, and then to humans of Wuhan, China, in live animal market. See pic. 3) MERS-CoV virus originated in bats, then to Camels & then humans.
4) SARS-CoV originated in bats, then spread civet cat and then humans. 5) Bird flu or Avian influenza (H5N1) originated among poultry in Egypt, and then to Humans. 6) Ebola virus originated in Congo. Again from bats and then to various monkey species and then to humans.
7) H1N1 started in pigs and then came to humans.
There are many more deadly virus outbreaks.
There are two common factors.
a) Virus epidemics and pandemics come to Humans through meat, or
b) through close contact with animals, mostly meant as human food.
He said 53 Indians died. 526 Indians are injured. 371 shops and 142 homes of Indians have been burned.
700 FIRs filed.
152 weapons used in Dilli riots seized.
2647 people detained or arrested.
2) Focus on 300 criminals brought in from UP by rioters during Trump's visit.
Also on 60 SM accounts created after Feb 22.
Amit Shah says: "Police will act with such firmness that Dilli riots will become a case study of the consequences that should visit those engage in riots"
3) Late, but still promising. Looking forward to a firm model. Yogi Adityanath already showed in UP that even the most lawless areas can be controlled with firm law enforcement. No hopes from Kejriwal as he only whines that he has no control.
Kambala is a spectacular animal race event of coastal Karnataka. We watched a championship at Uppinangadi.
Extremely fit male buffaloes run in pairs, with super fit jockey running with them in a slushy paddy field. They run 140+ meters in 13 to 15 seconds!
This was at 12.30 am!
There are more than 15 very big #Kambala events each year during December to March period. Most happen near Mangaluru.
We saw nearly 100 pairs of male buffaloes (ಕೋಣ) running competitively. This Uppinangadi championship went on for 36 hours straight with 1000s of cheering fans.
I watched many starts. It is very hard for the Kambala organizers to assemble four male buffaloes at the starting lineup. Sometimes they have to keep trying five or more times as one animal would move a bit.
Remember, these are very heavy (300 to 500 kg) and aggressive animals!
3) Trumps were able to hold hands for a while, and they stood close while watching a flock of birds fly away, like two characters from a gothic poem. Melania praised here. thedailybeast.com/donald-melania…
4) Fox News: President Trump drew the crowd of a lifetime to kick off his first official visit to India.
The president, who loves to play to a big audience, was met with a raucous ovation as he addressed a crowd of 110,000+ in a joint rally with PM Modi. google.com/amp/s/www.foxn…
2) 40,000 trucks bypass Dilli now thanks to the Eastern and Western peripheral highways. See how much pollution has been kept away by BJP govt's completion!
3) Ayushman Bharat is usable across India. If someone from Dilli goes to native place or other city, and has a heart attack, Mohalla clinic won't go with him. That's where ₹5,00,000 per family coverage by AB is useful.
A thread about India's Constitution shared by a friend.
a) Lord Rama was depicted over the Fundamental Rights page.
b) Lord Nataraja (Dancing Shiva) was over Part XII
c) Lord Mahavira was over States and First Schedule part.
d) Lord Buddha over the Executive part.
2) India's constitution is the longest constitution in the world.
Both Hindi and English versions were handwritten - longest handwritten constitution in the world.
Handwritten by Prem Behari Narain Raizada in a flowing italic style with beautiful calligraphy. #RepublicDayIndia
3) The Constitution was published in Dehradun and photo-lithographed by the Survey of India.
The Constituent Assembly, which first met on 9 December 1946, took precisely 2 years, 11 months and 18 days to come up with the final draft.