#ISIS has released an infographic detailing its operations during 2022. The group claimed 2058 attack across 22 countries, with #Iraq receiving the lion’s share of the attacks (484 attacks). As a number of us have consistently underscored, ISIS sees Iraq as its center of gravity. #ISIS launched 25 suicide attacks and 579 IED/VBIED during 2025, destroyed over 700 military vehicles and over 150 thermal cameras, and burned and destroyed over 2,300 homes and churches.
Jan 2 • 5 tweets • 1 min read
A few things to note regarding the #NYC terror attack suspect:
- Had propaganda material
- Expressed desire to travel to a jihadi zone
- Expressed radical views
- Left a “suicide letter” with note about disappointing his mother nbcnews.com/news/us-news/n…
These elements are common among radicalized individuals who carry out attacks. Propaganda material is often found on their hard drives during forensic examination & express a desire to join the ranks but act out at home when that fails. Radical views are found in notes or SOCMED.
Oct 18, 2020 • 12 tweets • 5 min read
#ISIS has released the anticipated audio recording featuring its top spokesman Abu Hamza al-Qurashi, titled, “So Narrate [to them] Stories [of the past] so Perhaps They Will Reflect.”
Abu Hamza criticizes Islamic scholars who “misguide” people and preach against #ISIS, saying that they’ll “regret” supporting “tyrants” while they condemn the mujahideen. Typical stuff here.
Jul 27, 2020 • 9 tweets • 4 min read
Some thoughts on the latest release from #ISIS’ Al-Hayat Media Center, “Incite the Believers.”
The short video incites #ISIS followers to launch attacks in enemy lands. It’s released shortly after its official al-Nabaa magazine provides advice to plot in secrecy & integrate into the surrounding environment, denoting a coordinated campaign to incite attacks in the West.
Jun 2, 2020 • 5 tweets • 3 min read
#ISIS has officially decided to limit its official propaganda and claim distribution via @HoopMessenger, indicating that the constant suspension of its @telegram accounts forced its hand to stick to Hoop for now “until preparing to re-enter Telegram again stronger than before.”
After 5 years of steadfast utilization of Telegram, #ISIS finds that it is coming to a halt, facing a difficult time staying on the platform. Meanwhile, it maintains dozens of accts on Hoop & others. One downside for ISIS: Hoop doesn’t offer the same features as Telegram.
Nov 2, 2019 • 5 tweets • 2 min read
1) The real identity of ISIS's new leader remains a mystery, and while there are contenders, I haven't seen many pay attention to one specific person, Abu Suleiman al-Nasser (Nu'man Mansour Salman Al-Zaidi), head of ISIS military council, former ISI "minister of war."
2) Also known as Al-Nasser l-Deen Allah Suleiman, he is one of the cofounder of modern day #ISIS, having replaced former "minister of war" Abu Hamza Al-Muhajir (Abu Ayyub Al-Misri), who was killed in 2010 alongside former leader Abu Omar Al-Baghdadi.
Sep 16, 2019 • 4 tweets • 2 min read
On the latest audio from top #ISIS leader Al-#Baghdadi: at first listen, the main themes: 1) showcasing ISIS expansion globally, by which uplifting the morale of the support base. 2) advising a more inclusive approach: softer Da'wa, justice, leniency, accepting others' repentance
The topic of upholding "justice" when dealing w/ "others," like those who were under ISIS rule, militants from other groups, or security forces members had created a severe backlash due to ISIS brutality. Baghdadi underscores a softer approach to attract highly needed recruits.
Aug 28, 2019 • 28 tweets • 3 min read
I decided to start a regular list of movies I recommend film and show enthusiasts to watch. It’s in no particular order, irrespective of release date, genre, or topic.
Five movies at a time.
- Elephant Song
- Santa Sangre
- Side Effects
List # 2
- The Theory of Suicide
- 12 Monkeys
- Hold the Dark
- Pan’s Labyrinth
- Case 39
Apr 26, 2019 • 7 tweets • 4 min read
1) In opening article of latest issue of #ISIS’s Al-Nabaa, it underscores the attacks in #SriLanka & #SaudiArabia as signs of “raising Caliphate banner in new arenas & empowerment of mujahideen in other arenas, & return of Caliphate soldiers to areas the infidels thought...
2)...that they ended the presence of the Caliphate soldiers in completely. The days are pregnant with more disappointments for the enemies of Allah.”