Double Individual Speculator Profile picture
Sep 10, 2021 11 tweets 7 min read Read on X
A change in definitions of vaccinated status & new raw data from @IsraelMOH demanded a refreshed approach to my #Israel's #SARS2 charts. I start with general population totals of the four available daily datasets: NEW cases, severely ill & deaths, and ACTIVE severely ill.
1/
Due to the different sizes of these categories, I had to use log charts. Daily NEW cases, severe & deaths jump around wildly depending on the day of the week, so I'll (mostly) use the standard 7-day rolling averages of both the absolute numbers & the incidence rates.
2/
It's fascinating to see how much the beginnings of this & last year's waves resemble each other. After a prolonged period of new cases below active severely ill, a sudden outbreak above that range signals the start of a huge new wave. A policy reaction is a must at THAT point.
3/
Infections lead with significant time lags on the way up, in logical order. Less so on the way down! If a wave is truly subsiding (not just some testing quirk), EVERY measure should start falling soon, though cases much more pronounced than severe hospitalizations & deaths.
4/
Looking at incidence, Israel topped out again at 100 per 100k. Confirmed infections depend on testing (which Israel does a lot), but, curiously, this level of daily cases of 1‰ (one permille, 1/1000, or 0.1%) of the total population often acts as a ceiling in this pandemic.
5/
In the worst managed outbreaks, daily cases breach this 1‰ of the population ceiling, but the wave has a hard time staying above it before exhausting itself.
Also, 1 per 100k incidence for severe & deaths often delineates how is a country handling its current #SARSCoV2 wave.
6/
If I use 7-day averages for new cases, severe & deaths, the dynamics of this pandemic are more clearly visible. It also shows how #SARS2 manages to fool everyone by falling so low to appear beaten and then exponentially exploding x1000 higher in incidence in just two months.
7/
Sometimes I'll use rolling weekly totals for new severe & deaths because daily zeros mess up calculations & plots. It this chart, it's even better visible how low the numbers fell, just as the current outbreak was, in fact, beginning.
#SARSCoV2 is playing mind games with us!
8/
Also, look at how weekly totals of new severe mirror active severe when a wave is rising. But, the moment the trend breaks, NEW severe cases separate downward & start decreasing first. That is happening now in Israel. With boosters, they managed to speed up this downtrend.
9/
Finally, thanks to the first-class data & the use of logic, #Israel spotted the problem quickly, and without much waiting, implemented a booster campaign while deaths were STILL VERY LOW, at only around 10 per week. If they reacted slower, the consequences would be harsher.
10/
These are the links to my previous threads about #Israel's raw data, containing the history, sources & my methodology for calculating & plotting all these charts.

11/11

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Double Individual Speculator

Double Individual Speculator Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @x2IndSpeculator

Sep 15, 2022
Insurance companies, esp. life insurance, seem to be the only institutions left that still give a damn about #COVID. Why? Because they can NOT afford not to. Everyone else can just pretend the pandemic is over & #SARS2 is a mild cold, but insurers can NOT! They know it's real.
Insurers will soon be the last remaining source of #COVID data, now that governments & health care public institutions are disgracefully abandoning their duties.
For the pandemic's ongoing toll, look at the latest Group Life #COVID19 Mortality Report.
soa.org/programs/covid…
Here's the direct link for the August 2022 edition.
soa.org/4a368a/globala…
And the impressive list of companies contributing data for this report. I don't think anyone can accuse these companies for faking #COVID deaths & the pandemic's excess deaths in general.
Read 11 tweets
Jun 17, 2022
So, the OPPOSITE of what the "expert" virologist Jasnah (& friends) was telling me a year ago.
"Key characteristic of FATAL #COVID19 outcomes is that the immune response to the #SARSCoV2 spike protein is enriched for antibodies directed against epitopes SHARED with ENDEMIC...
beta-coronaviruses & has a lower proportion of antibodies targeting the more protective variable regions of the spike... suggesting an antibody profile in individuals with fatal outcomes consistent with an original antigenic sin type-response."
insight.jci.org/articles/view/…
"Exposure to antigens shared between #SARSCov2 & related HCoVs may affect immunity & infection outcomes as a consequence of ‘original antigenic sin’ (OAS). For OAS to manifest, antigens need to be shared between primary & secondary exposures."
Read 7 tweets
May 30, 2022
In a month, we got 2 studies from TWO highly respectable teams demonstrating MHC-I downregulation in cells infected with #SARSCoV2. While conclusions are the same, results differ in the exact #SARS2 mechanism of inhibition of the presentation of expressed antigen to CD8+ T-cells.
"...we found that ORF7a reduced cell surface MHC-I levels by approximately 5-FOLD. Nevertheless, in cells infected with #SARSCoV2, surface MHC-I levels were reduced even in the absence of ORF7a, suggesting additional mechanisms of MHC-I downregulation."
biorxiv.org/content/10.110…
"#SARSCoV2 ORF7a physically associated with the MHC-I heavy chain and inhibited the presentation of expressed antigen to CD8+ T-cells."
Interestingly, not observed in SARS-COV-1:
"unlike #SARSCoV2, the ORF7a protein from SARS-CoV lacked MHC-I downregulating activity."
Read 18 tweets
May 26, 2022
"Head-to-head comparisons of T cell, B cell & antibody responses to diverse vaccines...
We additionally compared their immune memory to natural infection for binding antibodies, neutralizing antibodies, spike-specific CD4+, CD8+ T cells & memory B cells."
cell.com/cell/fulltext/…
Interesting summary of differences in humoral & cellular immune memory. But, this caught my attention; mostly disregarded as an inconvenience.
"mRNA vaccines and Ad26.COV2.S induced comparable CD8+ T cell frequencies, though ONLY DETECTABLE in 60-67% of subjects at 6 months." Image
E.g. his is considered waning.
"100% of mRNA-1273 recipients remained positive for spike IgG, RBD IgG & neutralizing antibodies at 6-months post-vaccination.
From peak to 6-months, GMTs of spike IgG decreased 6-fold, RBD IgG 9-fold & neutralizing antibodies decreased 7-fold." Image
Read 5 tweets
May 15, 2022
The two of the best economic blogs I've been reading for years are written by brilliant, independent individuals: calculatedriskblog.com by Bill McBride @calculatedrisk, and bonddad.blogspot.com by the anonymous blogger called New Deal Democrat.
The recent post by NDD about #SARSCoV2 illustrates the prevalent reasoning that led to the current policy blind alley.
"A year ago I thought that between nearly universal vaccinations & an increasing percentage of the population already infected...
the virus would wane into a BACKGROUND NUISANCE BY NOW.
No more. I am now thoroughly convinced that there will be an UNENDING SERIES of VARIANTS that will create CONTINUING WAVES of new infections and, increasingly importantly, RE-infections."
Read 13 tweets
May 13, 2022
Oh, how long we have waited. Finally, a step forward.
"Such repeated immune activation might be mediated by a SUPERANTIGEN motif within the #SARSCoV2 spike protein that bears resemblance to Staphylococcal enterotoxin B, TRIGGERING BROAD & NON-SPECIFIC T-CELL ACTIVATION."
"We hypothesise that the recently reported cases of severe acute hepatitis in children could be a consequence of adenovirus infection with intestinal trophism in children PREVIOUSLY INFECTED by #SARSCoV2 & carrying VIRAL RESERVOIRS...
In mice... This outcome was explained by adenovirus-induced type-1 immune skewing, which, upon subsequent Staphylococcal enterotoxin B administration, led to EXCESSIVE IFN-γ production and IFN-γ-MEDIATED APOPTOSIS of HEPATOCYTES...
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(