Tim White Profile picture
Dec 7, 2022 18 tweets 16 min read Read on X
Hello and welcome to the daily thread on the #RussiaUkraineWar today coming live from #Ukraine.

At the start of Day 287 I crossed the border and I'm still on the train as the snow gets heavier and thicker.

If anyone wants to buy me a coffee I'd be very appreciative. Dyakuyu!
A fairly quiet night in #Ukraine - but as always if you need to catch up on yesterday's news, it's all in one handy place. Here's the start of yesterday's thread:

Last night we saw enemy drones being shot down. The #Iran Shaheed "Kamikaze" UAVs returning in numbers to the skies over #Ukraine.

At least 8 were shot down, mainly in #Dnipropetrovsk region.

This one was destroyed in #Zhytomyr region having flown through #Kyiv

#StopRussia
Finally, one of the teams we helped with our fundraiser, has recorded a message for you guys, especially the major donators, some of whom are named in this video just received.

They're in #Zaporizhzhia oblast. Others are in #Bakhmut and making videos is not their #1 priority
One thing really struck me on this journey, especially in view of the abuse I've been given for writing #Ukraine place names first then #Russia's spelling second.
Probably over half the people on this train speaking Russian not Ukrainian, including Anna & Violetta at my table
Occupiers in #Donesk report 6 people died in yesterday's shelling of the city centre (see video)

Meanwhile in the region today 16 were killed in an accident between a military vehicle and a minibus. It happened between Torez and Shakhtyorsk. Not yet known how many were soldiers
Following on from the last tweet there's now a video from the scene of the accident which killed 16 in #Donetsk oblast (here's a screenshot)

There do seem to be a disproportionate number of accidents involving #Russia's military vehicles. Drunkenness?
Arrived at a snowy #Kyiv.
Bade farewell to new friends, the aforementioned Anna and Valentina

#WelcomeToUkraine #StandWithUkraine
Thanks @ATipplingPhilo for the tip for coffee and likely a Lviv Croissant too!

Link in my bio if you want to help me stay warm!💙💛
Sorry for hours offline. A gruelling day and not much chance to use wifi.

It's very humbling to walk or drive along streets I know well in #Kyiv, to randomly see a bomb site, charred office tower block for example.

One thing I've noticed is even the graffiti are patriotic!
One other thing, I knew the patriotism had been turned up to 11, but I think it's actually 15.

The music channel I usually have on in the background when working on the laptop used to have a decent mix of #Ukraine and western tunes.

Now ONLY 🇺🇦 and EVERY SONG is about the war.
Time to catch up on the real news now, and starting with a tragic development in liberated #Kherson.

Four policemen from #Cherkasy (RU: #Cherkassy) have been killed when their patrol car hit one of #Russia's landmines.

#HeroiamSlava
Nice thread here with a lot of satellite photos proving #Russia is moving (some of) its aircraft away from #Ryazan after the #Ukraine drone strike and the nadly damaged one has been removed.

#StopRussia #StandWithUkraine
A court in #Lviv has stripped the Mayor of #Chernihiv of the role. Vladyslav Atroshenko was also fined $185 after being found guilty of actions described as "a conflict of interests"

Many though agree with Atroshenko that it's politically motivated after clashes with Zelenskyy.
Incidentally I spent much of today at the @dovzhenkocentre in #Kyiv speaking with people fearful that the cultural centre, film archive and growing hipster hang-out is under attack from mysterious figures trying to close them down.

Photo from last month's protests.
#RussiaOnFire
Some more careless smokers no doubt, as yet another "gas explosion" occurred in the Terrorist State today.

This was the Targim shopping centre in #Nazran.
Four people were injured.
At least 10 people have died after shelling of the village of #Kurakhove in #Donetsk region

President Zelenskyy described it in his evening speech as a deliberate target on civilians. A market, bus station, petrol station and residential buildings were all hit

#StandWithUkraine

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Tim White

Tim White Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @TWMCLtd

Jun 10
Hello and welcome of Day 838 of #Russia's full invasion of #Ukraine, a country which never fired a shot at any other until the initial 2014 invasion by its imperialistic neighbour.

This is THE thread for all the news, analysis and a bit of comment on the situation. Let's dive in
Regulars will know I (try to) always include a link back to the previous day for those who missed something, or like to just browse the main stories in one place, in a few minutes.

Please share, boost, do your NAFO thing to raise visibility!💙💛

On Saturday there were stories of #Ukraine sinking a ship in #Taganrog.

Now #Russia's independent BAZA reports a barge there was hit and the tugboat "Inzhener Smirnov"

Two crew members are reported injured.

Read 34 tweets
Jun 7
It's Day 835 of #Russia's war.
A conflict based solely on the ego of one very little man. But Putin managed to remove all freedoms & opposition and then brainwash the public into supporting his tyranny, just as Hitler did.

This is THE daily thread covering the war in #Ukraine
It was another very difficult night for the people and air defenders in #Ukraine.

All the details coming up right here on Friday's thread.
First though, your chance to look back on Thursday's news. If you missed anything, click + scroll here:
First I want to point out the seemingly random number of "views".
Yesterday's thread-header has the lowest view count I can ever remember, despite almost identical likes/retweets to the previous day.
The last 3 days: 35k 22k and 9k
However of those 35k, 2/3 came after 2am GMT
Read 38 tweets
May 27
Day 824 of the war in Europe.
A new week, same old inhuman sh*t from #Russia.

Every single day my threads keep you up to date on all the important news about #Ukraine

As usual, let's start with the link to yesterday's thread, in case you missed anything.
#Russia tries to claim a "double tap" attack by #Ukraine has killed a fireman + injured 3 more.

The Governor of #Oryol says a drone hit a gas station in #Livna, a few minutes later another struck the same place

Do we really believe Ukraine suddenly started copying this🇷🇺tactic? Image
Congrats! We got @DrAnnaPirates out of Xitter jail. Welcome back and keep bonking!
Read 35 tweets
May 17
It's Friday! The weekend approaches.
It's also the 814th day of #Russia trying to destroy #Ukraine, its language, culture and people, and over 10 years since the first invasion.

For all the news on Day 814 keep clicking back here.

No coffees for 2 days - please help if you can.
Thursday was another busy one.
A day which saw Putin humiliated, #Ukraine attack #Crimea (again) and a load of other stories and videos.

Missed any of it? Just click here and scroll through the day's news:

1/3
#Ukraine has attacked yet another oil depot overnight.

Its drones returned to #Tuapse in the #Krasnodar region to strike the Rosneft plant.
One very good video of the large, long-range UAV making a hit.

#StopRussia

Read 45 tweets
May 13
Hello on Day 810 of the war in Europe.

#Ukraine, a democratic nation, desperate to keep it that way, remains under intense pressure from #Russia, an autocracy led by a despot and indicted war criminal.

All the news all day long in one handy thread. Read on..

#StandWithUkraine
Yesterday we only really had two stories, but they were big ones.

#Putin exiling & side-lining top names from the Kremlin.

And 25 years after the #Russia apartment bombings, 13 were killed in a new attack - but who did it?
Review the news here:

I have to start today's news with all-time record numbers of losses suffered by #Russia in the last 24 hours, according to #Ukraine's figures.

1,740 invaders eliminated on Sunday and for the first time, the projected date of reaching 500,000 victims is now before June. Image
Read 10 tweets
May 10
Hello and welcome to Day 807 of #Russia's war on #Ukraine.

Each day documenting the news and war crimes committed by indicted war criminal Putin and his Moscow horde as the neo-imperialists try to steal more land and wipe out another culture.

Here's another daily thread...
As always, the quick link back to the starts of yesterday's thread for those who missed some, or all, of Thursday's developments.

And right at the end of the day we saw another oil target inside #Russia being hit by drones!
So confirmation of another attack on an oil refinery in #Russia, the second in 2 months at this partuicular site.

Pershiy Zavod is the largest refinery in the region - the main complex for the processing of commercial oil and gas condensate, and the capacity is 1.2m tons/yr
Read 27 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(