Rahul Mukherji Profile picture
May 26, 2023 9 tweets 13 min read Read on X
#NaakamiKe9Saal
9 years of disaster. There are so many instances, that it would be tough to pick just 9.
Here's my list.
1. #Demonetisation. That one stroke of stupidity that literally broke the nation's back. ImageImageImage
#NaakamiKe9Saal
2. #Pulwama
Still remains a mystery, how a vehicle loaded with explosives could move around, undetected, in J&k, one of the most militarised regions in the world. What was more shameful than this was how BJP used this tragedy for electoral gains.
+ ImageImageImage
#NaakamiKe9Saal
3. #JammuAndKashmir
Art. 370 was abrogated. J&K stopped being a state. Was carved out into 2 UTs. With the objectives of bringing peace & development to the region. Result? We've ended with 2 UTs with seething discontent below the surface.
+ ImageImageImageImage
#NaakamiKe9Saal
4. #CAA & #DelhiRiots
The union govt announced the CAA, granting citizenship to Hindu, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist & Parsi refugees from Bangladesh, Pakistan & Afghanistan. Was followed by nationwide protests, that took many lives. CAA still remains on paper.
+ ImageImageImageImage
#NaakamiKe9Saal
5. #Galwan #China
"No one entered or encroached our territory."
The biggest lie ever spoken. India, since, has lost more territories to China. In Ladakh. In Uttarakhand. To Nepal. In Arunachal Pradesh. Again to China. But he wants us to believe otherwise.
+ ImageImageImageImage
#NaakamiKe9Saal
6. #CovidLockdown
If #Covid itself wasn't bad enough, the unplanned lockdown unleashed unimaginable sufferings on common people. People were rendered jobless. Lives were lost. The entire informal sector came to a grinding halt.
+ ImageImageImageImage
#NaakamiKe9Saal
7. #CovidSecondWave mismanagement.
The PM proudly declared that India had defeated COVID. And then the 2nd wave struck. The nation was unprepared. Resources were stretched. Lakhs perished. But that didn't stop the top 2 of BJP from campaigning.
+ ImageImageImageImage
#NaakamiKe9Saal
8. #Northeast
This regime loves to boast about how they've turned things around in NE. Reality? Border flare-ups have become common. The Naga Accord remains elusive. Things compounded by #Oting. And #Manipur_is_burning. The region has been further alienated.
+ ImageImageImageImage
#NaakamiKe9Saal
9. Fiscal governance.
Be it unemployment rates, or slowdown in production. When it comes to the economy, this govt is clueless. The sole objective seems to be selling off state assets to a chosen few. ImageImageImage

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Rahul Mukherji

Rahul Mukherji Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @RahulMukherji5

Mar 5
Madam @tavleen_singh, it wasn't even elementary math. You know that. The problem with you is that you're desperate to be accepted in WhatsApp University. That, coupled with your visceral hatred for Sonia Gandhi (evidence in quoted tweet), makes you blabber nonsense.
Coming to
+
the question of clean water & sanitation (sounding like a broken record), what was India's situation in 1947? You should know. After all, you weren't born post 2014. And you're a "journalist" as well.
India's GDP in '47 was $227 bn (90 international dollar).
+
GDP/ capita was USD 618. GDP/capita ranking in 1950 was 115 out of 145 countries that were reported on.
More than half of India's GDP came from agriculture. The literacy rate was a mere 12%.
From there, access to drinking water was 72% in 1990. Which rose to 88% in 2008.
+
Read 4 tweets
Jun 30, 2023
The image is from 30th June, 1986.
That was the day, when the historic Mizo Peace Accord was signed.
Now tell me what's odd in this photo?
The then PM Rajiv Gandhi, instrumental in pushing through this Accord, is missing from the frame. Odd? Let's go back to the 80s.
Contd.
But first, some background.
Officially, the Mizoram Conflict started from 1966. But its genesis was much older.
The Mizo people were incorporated to the British rule since the 1870 as a retaliation of the Mizo people invading the British territory. After India gained
+
independence in 1947, the area we now call Mizoram was governed by Assam. In 1952, a the Lushai Hills District with a degree of autonomy. However, there was a general opposition as many Mizo people were demarcated in Manipur and Burma. In certain quarters, there was a demand
+
Read 24 tweets
Jun 25, 2023
#RSS AND EMERGENCY. A long🧵.
Come 25th June. BJP+ RSS and their band of acolytes make it a point to remind us of the horrors of the #Emergency.
Emergency was wrong. INC has accepted it in no uncertain terms & has paid a price. But we need to examine what exactly was
+
the role of @RSSorg during that period. Was it at the forefront of the struggle against #Emergency_In_1975, as it is made out to be? Or was there more to it?
Let us examine.
+
The #RSS touts itself as the gladiator which opposed the #Emergency and brought it crashing down. Its literature describes the Emergency as the “second freedom struggle”, with the Jana Sangh at the head of it. The is quite different. Barring exceptions, the Sangh's actions
+
Read 21 tweets
Jun 23, 2023
EXCERPTS FROM THE DIARY OF A TELEPROMPTER.
21st June:
10:43 EST. OMG! OMG! OMG! This is huuge. He is going to do a Presser. That's news in itself. But the bigger news is.... I'm going to be a part of it!! How rad is that?!? Haan? This is a first.
I'm filled with excitement.
+
14:57 EST. The IT guys are here. Now they'll start tinkering with me. This is the bad part. Where they feed me with so much garbage.
18:30 EST. Time for a dress rehearsal. He is here. And he's sweating. Just for a rehearsal.
They've set the other part of me so far away. All
+
because someone clicked him using me. Just to stay out of the frame.
20:45 EST. Rehearsal done. Tucked away. But I don't have a good feeling about this.

22nd June.
09:45 EST. They're lugging me to the WH. And it's a grand tour.
So many people giving such curious looks.
+
Read 7 tweets
Jun 5, 2023
Excerpts from the diary of a technocrat-politician.

Day 0.
19:25 PM. Horrific news coming in from an Eastern state. Massive accident involving an iconic train, a goods train & another train. Details still sketchy. But casualties feared to be very high. Should leave for ground
+
zero immediately.

19:40 PM. Instructed them to setup a situation room in the nearest junction. Will monitor the rescue operations from there.

20:07 PM. Got a call from the Big Leader's office. With instructions to not reach before midnight. And announce my arrival via social
+
media. (I'll never understand their ways).

23:56 PM. About to land. But can't help going back to late February when my officers had brought to my notice that something like this could happen. When I wanted to raise this in the next cabinet meeting, I recieved a WA, "Tum Abhi
+
Read 17 tweets
Jun 3, 2023
2 arguments have come up from the RW ecosystem, to counter crisis.
#WrestlersProtest. Put @MrsGandhi's argument in the corporate context.
Imagine, you're a bright woman. The management spots potential. Sponsors your skill development programs. You perform. You get bonus & Image
promotion. But the moment you accept these, you basically surrender your right to say "No" or resist advances from sexual predators.
That's what you were implying, right @MrsGandhi?
Now, let's come to the #TrainAccident. According to #MeToo accused @Suhelseth, the
+ Image
Railway Minister has an outstanding CV. So it's "foolish" to demand for his registration for what's probably the worst disaster. Would your management give you a lifeline for a failure that your department is responsible for? Because you've a strong CV?
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(