Didn't call Sogavare, dropped ball, China moved in, threatened nat sec; also called a 'buffoon' by an SC👉 media goes meh
If you would like to read Labor's NDIS policy....
On May 21, 2022 Australians will vote in a federal election. Voting is compulsory for all citizens over 18.
If you're not enrolled, you still have time:
Close of Rolls is Monday 18 April, 2022
Australians will vote for candidates in the House of Representatives (Lower House) and a half Senate election (Upper House)
This is NOT a 'double dissolution' election, so that means we are only voting for half the Senate (38 Senate seats will be contested)
For years we've been saying our 4th Estate is letting us down, it's dysfunctional & corrupt
We are now enduring THE worst govt in Australian history bcuz of YOUR failure. I hold the mainstream media responsible.
Yesterday, @friendlyjordies presented ANOTHER brilliant investigation into Australian politics
AGAIN, it has been ignored by mainstream media
Jordan & Kristo are familiar to Australians bcuz of Barilaro's corrupt use of police to violently arrest them & charge Kristo
Apr 4 • 8 tweets • 4 min read
1. If allegations levelled at Towke in 2007 to remove him after winning pre-selection 82-8 (i.e. branch-stacking & misleading the Lib Executive) were true & deserving of losing his pre-selection, why was he allowed to remain a member of the Liberal Party?
🐝 #auspol2. Why was Towke employed by a Liberal Senator after losing Cook pre-selection for supposedly lying & branch-stacking?
If Libs thought Towke was dirty, then why did CFW employ him? Why did the Liberal Party allow that?
Apr 3 • 6 tweets • 3 min read
FWIW, here's my advice to 'swinging voters'
1. I understand that in the maelstrom of media it is hard to differentiate btwn authenticity & bullshit, especially when some media run protection rackets for some pollies
Basic rule of thumb: mud only sticks if it's true
🐝 #auspol2. A strong democracy needs a strong Govt & a strong Opposition. A good Opposition will push a Govt to be it's best, it'll hold power to account
3. A strong democracy needs the yin & yang to be it's best, a blend of conservative & progressive voices.
Apr 1 • 8 tweets • 2 min read
Ok, I'm gonna weigh-in on the PvO thing
1. I believe PvO's claim about being abused
2. Grace is right, trauma doesn't excuse bad behaviour.
3. This all started as 1 issue, during the escalation there was an admission of abuse from a survivor. We're now dealing with 2 issues
4. Issue 1 is the original issue of PvO's behaviour for which he deserves no compassion or understanding. He must acknowledge his behaviour & remedy it, it's never too late.
5. Issue 2 is PvO's abuse for which he does deserves compassion and understanding