(1) The gun control protests today were TINY. The kids are already getting bored with it. They probably celebrated 4/20 with a joint & forgot to leave the house to march.
I want to unpack one of these signs, where they try to use a lame argument for abortion on demand.
(2) "Republican law makers, stop protecting fertilized eggs and start protecting living children."
Take it from me, someone who used to make better arguments for abortion, that assertion is gonna fail at the first hurdle. First mistake: Life doesn't begin at birth. #Science
(3) It's easier for an abortion supporter to see a fetus as just a "fertilized egg." IMO the only stage of pregnancy where this even has the potential 2 be scientifically plausible is the first few days. The age at which they feel pain keeps being lowered by scientific discovery.
(1) Just to give you an idea of what happens when you allow your curiosity about American politics to run wild, here's the tangential path my mind took today.
Saw a tweet about gun grabbing at Wounded Knee. Had vaguely heard of it, so did a search for more info.
(2) Read that Wounded Knee was a 1890 South Dakota massacre that killed 150-300 native American ?combatants/suspects and civilians & some of the troops. Not good. One tangent took me down the path of wondering why the US military did that.
(3) Because it seems to me that if the native Americans at the time were protected by the US Constitution, they had the same 2A rights as any other citizens. I know many of the settlers hated the native Americans, but that doesn't give government the right to disarm them.