i want to stop you from being an emotional idiot and be harmed by scams.
1. Everyone we know is doing it. Yes. Most Indians buy money back policies too. we are hardly a sensible herd!
4. Most important part- a 20 page report in excellent English, created by smart marketing brains.
What is the proof (long term follow up study) that career choice method being sold to you actually does the promised job?
All existing evidence says a resounding NO!
1. at the end of 8th std, you can choose commerce subjects instead of math&science. This choice is either forced on you by school or parents smartly
2. at the end of 10th std - to choose stream Arts/Commerce/Science (math/bio)/Vocational training. Most parents choose math/sci to "keep options open".
4. After completion of college - again dictated by marks/desire for further education/ parents' financial muscle.
1. Tests are fraud
2. Don't panic and try to choose too early.
3. Don't be deluded by your child's school performance
4. Make provisions for your own retirement. Don't depend on children.
( I don't do career counseling so please don't see me for this help. Over 20 years of practice, i have met thousands of victims of career counseling/testing scam. Hence this thread of common sense. I have followed these steps for my children. They seem happy, so far)