Food and shelter must be ensure for them: SC.
SG Tushar Mehta says a lot has been done but estimates will have to come from states. He adds anxiety & instigation compounded the issue.
* A policy that a state can't reject migrants from entering
* Who pays the fare and its knowledge to a migrant that he or she doesn't have to pay for it nor can he be exploited by a middleman
He adds he has complaints too about 'prophets of doom' who only spread negativity & don't have either the courtesy to the nation or the patriotism to acknowledge what's being done.
"Don't let this court become a political platform for a few people," Mehta tells SC.
Kapil Sibal seeks to argue but SG Tushar Mehta objects. He submits let the court first get reports from states.
Kapil Sibal: Rs 4 Crore, if you ask me what's my contribution. But that apart, this is a humanitarian issue. Please don't make it personal. I appear for two organisations. I am not here for any political purpose.
Sibal, however, points out about compliance with the Disaster Management Act that prescribes a national plan by the NDMA. There is no such plan here.
* Several lapses in process of registration, transportation, food & shelter
* Concerned with miseries & difficulties of migrants
* Even after registration, migrants have to wait for weeks
* Large number of migrants are hence forced to proceed on foot
* Railways will provide trains without delay after states ask for it
#SupremeCourt asks Centre, states to submit detailed reports by Friday next week -- next date of hearing.