You're putting together the pieces. the Government employed a failed tech executive, the wife of a Tory MP to run #covid19 test and trace? You're learning she has zero experience and a CV to run from.
But you're scratching your head, how on earth can this happen?
The three traits that define this administration need secrecy.
1. ARROGANCE - they know better than anyone, including world famous virologists 2. UNACCOUNTABLE - they're never wrong and never sorry. 3. NEPOTISM - contracts and jobs to mates, loyalty over competence (see 1)
If you're setting up test and trace under those criteria, the approach makes sense.
1. No need to consult with experts in public health, viral tracing or disease containment 2. Secret, no data, reports or performance published 3. Run by a mate, contracts outsourced to mates.
Suddenly #PublicHealth England is replaced by something you've never heard of?
Odd? Not reviewed by Parliament?
I hate to be the one who says it's just more corrupt political misdirection.
Even the target.
This is about SAGE, data suppression and excusing failed politicians.
I've talked about this since May, but it was obscure then.
More need to learn about THE JBC. Please help by retweeting this.
Whatever your politics, we've all now lived through these serial failures⬇️ So anyone should question any new "plan" announced.
They can't plan.
What is the Joint Bio-Security Centre? [JBC not JBSC]
This is the summary:
JBC will bring together experts on diseases (epidemiologists) with others from across Government to give ministers, [via the CMO], joined-up advice on decisions about managing disease⏬
It's not a dead cat.
Reports this is some sort of 2-year jape aren't plausible.
a) Cummings job levels of political capital spent
b) Johnson attention consumed by it
c) other dead cats added by Raaab (trade & vaccines) more quickly than you can say, "look over there".
1. UKGov killed 63,000 who should be alive-> airport fiasco 2. Replacing #SAGE with #JBC without explanation, undermining science 3. The 2m/1m fiasco, the result of Track & Trace lies.
4. Post #Cummings Social Distancing compliance fiasco. Public transport is a joke. 5. Track & Trace fiasco 6. Track & Trace App fiasco
Treated like fools. The Google/Apple app was the back up plan?
Obviously not, since UKGov is on record promising the complete opposite.
The latest genetic study from the University of Birmingham confirms the majority of infections can be traced back to 1356 individuals (not a patient zero) who travelled to the UK from European Countries.
Roughly 1/3 of the cases each came via IT and Sp, 20% from FR
The infections themselves can be traced to a specific period.
90% of the infections entered the UK between the dates of 28FEB - 28MAR.
This is the period in which UKGov undertook a PR Campaign to say Airport Checks were not needed.
Four of UKGov scientists advisers now question the validity of the timing of the end of lockdown. Their concern: 8000 infections a day, without track and trace ready to go, we'd be nuts.
And the #Johnson regime that "follows the science"
Barreling on regardless.
This MUST END
Someone said that this sort of behaviour is due to the Fixed Term Parliament Act.
Nope, it's massive majority arrogance, no enquiry fear, constant lies
Enquiry? You can predict - it'll need 10 years to conclude that:
LESSONS MUST BE LEARNED
The killers will go free.
These are not normal times.
Our Government, due to negligence have killed ~20-50,000 people needlessly.
They've killed more wasting time covering up.
And then claimed to have saved us from 500,000 dead, a number only at risk due to their nihilistic #HerdImmunity plan.
1. As we approach the Goverment lowest credibility point in the #Cummings saga, I'd like to pen a few tweets on the Alan Turing of our time.
Historians will look back and acknowledge a man who saved 100,000s yet whose character was deliberately assassinated to protect shysters.
2. Many of you here will know him, but in the outside world, at best, they know the lurid and deliberately exaggerated Press stories. So we have a job to do. Recognise and tell the true heroic story of Prof @neil_ferguson
Let me point some things out.
3. If you don't know Prof Neil, the summary version is that at the start of #COVID19, he was the primary modeller on the NERVTAG group, the science team specialising in transmissible viruses which advised SAGE, the better known UKGov main science advisory group.
Q "What's a Westminster Bubble Issue?"
A "Something immoral that doesn't make it outside of Westminster, or no one remembers."
Q "Eh? You mean this isn't the first time?"
A "From one perspective you could say they've always done it. But arguably, it's been worse since 2016."
Q. "and what do YOU mean by THAT?" In what seemed like slow motion, I watched a tiny globule of spittle escape her lip, roughly a third of the way along, but no clear source.
I paused, breathed in, in that way when you just catch your breath.
Zen, to her perpetual alert to this
topic and the burden of guilt she never admitted. "I didn't mean that", she looked already a little less defensive, she had also seen the saliva rain drop and was embarrassed. "They'll probably try to suggest that's it but it isn't. For them it's a good way to cover the cracks.
1. Most of your know #Cummson - Cummings & Johnson - are sure they can't be tried in the UK.
All laws that should apply, are gone.
I don't mean Cummings Durham. I mean they removed real laws.
There's only one option left. The Hague. But that needs talking about. Thread.
2. For the many of you who are coming to this fresh
- I feel your immediate scepticism about the last tweet.
I've been there. So at the end of this thread, you'll find an exhaustive examination of
what the laws were,
why they apply to us
how they removed them for ministers
3. If you're thinking, how do we get them to The Hague, you'll also find a thread on that. It might even be a good reason for them finally to stand down for a decent Government of National Unity - to plea bargain.
But today I want to talk Hague politics, so they do go on trial
I checked back, apparently, I've been saying the same thing since March and hoping for a different result. My friends tell me it's not the usual problem, merely my state of being.
So this time really clear.
ASIA HAS ALL THE ANSWERS ON LOCKDOWN, DON'T COMPOUND OUR ERRORS
There are 3 reasons for looking carefully at the UC type.
1. We're about to succumb to the "wisdom" that lockdown is in opposition to the economy.
It's not - the economy and the virus are neutral, our choice is lockdown or have many more deaths if we're not prepared.
2. It's laid out, no need to bet. The thread below lists all examples from Asia.
If we break quarantine without these, what defences have we built since March? Amazingly I hear politicians saying there are none, we must "bite the bullet". OK. Who next after we kill the old?