, 7 tweets, 3 min read Read on Twitter

1. Oyo Governor Abiola Ajimobi has approved C of O for the planned Inland Dry Port in Ibadan.

2. The new #LagosIbadanRail has now passed Kilometer 137 (somewhere in Omi Adio, on the outskirts of Ibadan). Will terminate at KM 158, which will be the Ibadan Dry Port.
These updates are from the Press Briefing by Minister of Transport Rotimi Amaechi, May 23, 2019:

The 6 ‘smaller’ Stations on #LagosIbadanRail should be ready by July 2019.

The 4 ‘Mega’ Stations: Apapa, Ebute Metta, Abeokuta and Ibadan will take longer to complete.
Rail Priorities for Next Level:

Complete #LagosIbadanRail

Extend Central Line from Itakpe to Abuja (with spur to Lokoja)

Commence #CoastalRail (#LagosCalabarRail), starting w/ PH to Warri (to join the Central Line at Warri) and Benin to Onitsha (to join Central Line at Agbor)
Amaechi on Nigeria’s Rail Infra Efforts: If those who had money did this work, we won’t be here today. We had money to do Lagos to Kano standard gauge under PDP. If we focused on infra when we had money Nigeria would be a very different place today.
Nigeria has awarded a $500m contract for supply of rolling stock (locomotives, carriages, wagons etc) for #LagosIbadanRail. Amaechi says he’s got the Chinese to agree to assemble only 15% in China, and remaining 85% LOCALLY. So they’ll be building a factory in Kajola, Ogun State.
Says he’s also got them to commit to building a Transport University in Nigeria, to train Nigerians. “We should be able to construct our own [rail] in 15-20 years.” — Rotimi Amaechi.
Also 150 young Nigerians will be trained in China. Undergrad degrees in Railway Engineering. First batch of ~70 already started. Remaining ~80 scheduled to leave Nigeria for China in September.

📷: PMB with some of the Nigerian students, Sept 2018, in Beijing, China
Missing some Tweet in this thread?
You can try to force a refresh.

Like this thread? Get email updates or save it to PDF!

Subscribe to tolu ogunlesi
Profile picture

Get real-time email alerts when new unrolls are available from this author!

This content may be removed anytime!

Twitter may remove this content at anytime, convert it as a PDF, save and print for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video

1) Follow Thread Reader App on Twitter so you can easily mention us!

2) Go to a Twitter thread (series of Tweets by the same owner) and mention us with a keyword "unroll" @threadreaderapp unroll

You can practice here first or read more on our help page!

Follow Us on Twitter!

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just three indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3.00/month or $30.00/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Too expensive? Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal Become our Patreon

Thank you for your support!