1508, May 4: Maharana Sanga ascended on Mewar throne.
~1512-13: Maharana Sanga attacked and captured territories of eastern Rajasthan from Sikandar Lodi’s Delhi Sultanate
Aug 10, 2021 • 13 tweets • 7 min read
1. #Thread on the occasion of 280th anniversary of the Battle of Colachel, which took place on 10 August, 1741.
This battle took place between Raja Marthanda Varma's Travancore kingdom, and the Dutch Empire.
#Hindutva#History#Kerala#Travancore2. After Raja Martanda Varma's ascension to the Travancore throne in 1729, he adopted expansionist policies through the 1730s (interestingly enough, simultaneously as Bajirao Peshwa's policy vs Mughals in the north).
Jul 26, 2021 • 10 tweets • 4 min read
1. #Thread on Raja Prithviraj I Kachwaha of Amer/Amber kingdom - who fought for Hindus against Mughals.
#Hindutva#Rajput#History2. 1503 CE: Prithviraj Kachwaha ascended the throne of Amer. His reign was marked by stability and progress for the Jaipur kingdom.
Jul 20, 2021 • 20 tweets • 8 min read
1. #Thread on Peshwa Madhavrao - the Glorious Ornament of Maratha Empire
He became Peshwa this day 260 years ago. This thread forms the 1st part of two-part series on Peshwa Madhavrao. 2. 1745, Feb 16: Peshwa Madhavrao was born.
1761, Jul 20: Madhavrao becomes Peshwa at age of 16, with Raghunathrao (paternal uncle) as co-regent with Gopikabai, Madhavrao’s mother
Jul 16, 2021 • 13 tweets • 7 min read
1. #Thread on Hyder Ali's legacy of Hindu persecution policy.
As people begin to grasp Tipu Sultan's anti-Hindu policies, this thread will make it evident that they were put in force by his father, Hyder Ali too.
Sadasiva Nayaka was a very trusted general of Vijayanagara Empire, who served in northern expeditions vs Deccan Sultanates, as well as proving loyalty whenever internal instability arose in the empire.
Jun 3, 2021 • 17 tweets • 10 min read
1. #Thread on Maharajadhiraja Krishna Deva Raya - Part 2
This part covers the later part of his reign, his eulogies & the glory attained by Vijayanagara Empire.
The 1st part covers the initial part of the reign.
1. #Thread on Maharajadhiraja Krishna Deva Raya of the mighty Vijayanagara Empire.
One of the most enlightened & powerful Hindu rulers of Bharatvarsha, his reign will be described in this 2-part-thread-series.
This is the 1st part. #VijayanagaraEmpire#Hindutva#History2. 1509, Aug 17: Krishna Deva Raya was coronated on the occasion of Krishna Janmashtami. He signalised it by building the Eastern Tower of Sri Virupaksha Temple.
At the time of coronation, Vijayanagara's political condition was not stable. Two aggressive Muslim Sultanates ...
May 26, 2021 • 14 tweets • 6 min read
1. #Thread on Veer Savarkar's definitions of Hindu, Hinduism, & Hindutva.
Many people seem to be confused about the terminology.
To aid in solving the confusion, let's look at how Veer Savarkar dealt with the terms, in his book *Essentials of Hindutva* (pub. - 1923)
#Hindutva2. The initial sections of the book itself contains a section titled 'Hindutva is different from Hinduism'!
But how exactly? ⏬
*Hinduism is a subset of Hindutva. Hindutva doesn't just deal with religious creeds, religious/spiritual history.*
May 25, 2021 • 16 tweets • 9 min read
1. #Thread on the great Gupta Emperor Samudragupta
Samudragupta built a strong foundation for the Golden Age of India, ushered in by the Gupta Empire.
2. 1737, Mar: According to the Maratha records, preparation of the Maratha offensive on Portuguese started in the second half of March 1737. Chimaji Appa sent a team of commanders - Chimnaji Bhivrao, Ramchandra Hari Patwardhan - to Sashti Island
1. #Thread on the Maratha campaigns against the Portuguese, which culminated in the Maratha Victory 282 years ago, on 16 May, 1739.
This thread will explore the reasons & background for the campaigns. (Chimaji Appa, prime mover of the campaigns 👇) 2. Marathas have lived the Shlok 2.37 of Bhagvad Geeta throughout the 2-year-long Campaign.
"O son of Kuntī, either you will be killed on the battlefield & attain the heavenly planets,or you will conquer & enjoy the earthly kingdom. Therefore, get up with determination & fight."
May 8, 2021 • 9 tweets • 9 min read
1. A #thread on the Jyotirlingas renovated by Marathas