KPIs are a set of measures that focus on the aspects of organizational performance that are most needed for current and future success of the organization.
- They are non-financial process of measures.
- They are done frequently; most likely daily, weekly, monthly
- They are introduced by the CEO and the senior management.
- They are an individuals’ responsibility
- They affect the organization significantly
- They also have a positive influence on other measures
5. Calculate Metrics from Measures.
A good example of a good KPI will be;
Step 1: Increase Sales (Goal)
Step 2: Increase Leads by 25% over the next 12 months. (CSF)
Step 3: Percentage of visitors converting to leads as compared to last month (KPI)
Average pages viewed per visit compared to last period
Leads per referrer compared to last period
Percentage of visitors converting to leads as compared to last month
Conversion ratio of visitors to leads
Percent new visitors compared to last period etc.
All these is to set a guide light around what you need to do and how best you can achieve more within the shortest period.