Share our #KnowYourRights guides in multiple languages.
Know Your Rights. Conozca Sus Derechos.
1. Don't open the door, but be calm. You have rights.
2. Ask what they are there for (and ask for an interpreter if you need one).
4. If they do NOT have a warrant signed by a judge, you may refuse to let them in. Ask them to leave any information at your door.
6. If you are arrested, remain silent and do not sign anything until you speak to a lawyer.
1. Ask if you are free to leave. If so, you may calmly walk out.
2. You have the right to refuse consent to a search. Say out loud that you do not consent to a search of your belongings.
5. You have the right to record your interaction with immigration agents as long as you do not interfere.