1. (If nothing else)-bubble in everything. I don't care if the proctor or your parent or friend says there is a penalty for guessing. They are wrong... Bubble in everything. Do not leave a bubble blank
Not like this
will I get this with more time and is it worth my time
If yes- skip and come back- circle it to return to it later
If not- put an X through it and never think of it again
8. Don't go for a perfect score- go after the best questions for you. test comes down to time management & question selection. My students who got 34 or higher mastered this
Remember there are schools that you can go to that don't require SAT or ACT @FairTestOffice
Atheltes- prep/ community college options. You can retake. If not- it's game day. Panic won't help
Before you start working to answer a question ask: which answers are obviously wrong?
As you are working eliminate
Before you pick up your calculator- eliminate
When you are working and get close to an answer- eliminate
At every step regroup then eliminate
A. Describe Blah blah blah
You: is the author describing something?
What did the author describe?
Now with the answer:
Q: in paragraph 3 the author...
A: describes his house
Your statement: in the third paragraph the author describes his house.
You: yes that's correct
- Do I understand what the question is asking
- What keywords matter in the question
- is now a good time to answer this or should I find something easier to do first
- is this worth my time or will I waste time here
When possible even try putting it in your own words
22. It's never a good time for a nap- you'll shut your brain down. Take deep breaths or think about what you need to do for the next section
Best way is easy questions that take no time, easy questions that take some time, a bit harder questions that take no time, a bit harder questions that take no time. Check answers
Before you do harder questions ask- have I throughly checked my easy questions and if I don't need a perfect score, do I need to conserve this energy for the next section
Start at 7. Plug in. it doesn't work, need something bigger. You can eliminate A,B,C
If they do... Cry for them. They care about trivial things
Don't get kicked out for dumb reasons
Ask Felicity Huffman if it was worth it...