The request was if I wanted to come in early and discuss possibility of postponing surgery.
There is only a small (~20%) percentage of patients for which this happens.
The plan for me is to give it some 4-6 more weeks, then perform a new MRI plus sigmoidoscopy. If the tumor is gone or only scar tissue is visible, repeat MRI plus sigmoidoscopy every 3 months for 5 years.
In my case, besides the tumor, also one lymph node will be observed, as it initially was larger, but now has shrunk to normal proportions.
Some background information, most parts in Dutch: