bc of increased carbon dioxide
in the infrared zone
of the atmosphere.

The physical properties
of carbon dioxide
include interacting
w long wave infrared energy
passing through.

FAQs here news.climate.columbia.edu/2021/02/25/car…
@yessmanstu @GeraldKutney @goddeketal This is a similar explanation to how other molecules (with different properties) absorb different wavelengths of light (energy)
#physics #STEMeducation
Every molecule is different, and it has to do w how many electrons can move and change their orbitals
chem.libretexts.org/Bookshelves/Ph…
@yessmanstu @GeraldKutney @goddeketal Molecular orbital diagrams talk about where electrons likely are in any given combination of elements. chem.libretexts.org/Bookshelves/In…
For CO2 the way the electrons spin depends on how much energy the molecule has, and the levels look like this (MO diagram from flickr.com/photos/6905729…)
@yessmanstu @GeraldKutney @goddeketal When we hear scientists say that a CO2 molecule interacts w the infrared energy, thats telling us that electrons jump to a higher orbital bc the energy increased for the entire molecule. This means the CO2 MO diagram changes shape. It dances differently. …mistry-europe.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/cp…
@yessmanstu @GeraldKutney @goddeketal In #Chemistry, there are lots of ways to change the charge of a molecule and cause a #DipoleMoment

For #CO2, infrared energy is one of these ways (photo from link above)

Notice the bend in the “O-C-O” chain represents the physical change in how the molecule moves. Used energy.
@yessmanstu @GeraldKutney @goddeketal The electrons slow back down to a lower orbital, returning to wherever they were before the electrons got to jump. (This is different than #ionization) An orbital jump bc of energy (in this case infrared) exciting the molecule, lasts a few femtoseconds.
lup.lub.lu.se/luur/download?…
@yessmanstu @GeraldKutney @goddeketal This happens to every molecule that meets the passing energy (which comes from the sun).
So the more molecules of
CO2 in the infrared layer
of our atmosphere,
the longer the delay
in Earth’s natural energy loss.
scied.ucar.edu/learning-zone/…
CO2:ravers
as
Infrared:techno
#ountz
@yessmanstu @GeraldKutney @goddeketal So thats the #chemistry
and #physics explanation of whats happening on a molecular level when scientists say #ClimateEmergency
#ClimateCrisis or #ClimateChange

#ClimateScam” peeps
NEED this info.

Increasing #CO2 ppm
increases delay in energy loss.

ourworldindata.org/co2-and-greenh…
@yessmanstu @GeraldKutney @goddeketal “But how long is a femtosecond?”
you might ask. GREAT question!😃
Its got 15 zeros.
So its short but
PER MOLECULE.
This is why its important to limit our CO2 emissions and even remove some of them from the air.
news.mit.edu/2012/explained…
If they build up too much
we’re fucked.
@yessmanstu @GeraldKutney @goddeketal And we can’t just…
wait for nature
to process
all the #CO2
humans released
from the #CarbonCycle.
NATURE CAN NOT KEEP UP.
The carbon cycle is generations long.
The delay in Earth’s energy loss will keep getting longer even after we stop. Stopping early is key #RTTR
@yessmanstu @GeraldKutney @goddeketal Its gonna take time to get everybody caught up on the #STEMeducation required to understand the #ClimateEmergency
Meanwhile we have to
flatten the acceleration curve
of our current emissions.
climate.gov/news-features/…
BTW what is
4,376,940,216 X 10^-15?
theworldcounts.com/challenges/cli…
@yessmanstu @GeraldKutney @goddeketal As of the moment on the counter it was 0.00000437694 seconds
per ton (just this year)?

Can all the #math nerds get over here and chime in? #Mathematics

And how many molecules are in 1.5 TRILLION tons of #CO2?
#climate

ourworldindata.org/co2-emissions
I gotta get back to bed 😂
@yessmanstu @GeraldKutney @goddeketal Morning @threadreaderapp
Can you plz unroll this spicy taco for easier legibility. I appreciate the longer format. Thx. Love youuuuu💕✨

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with GenevieveZzyzyx

GenevieveZzyzyx Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @GZzyzyx

May 9
@jakesyma @BadMedicalTakes Painless contractions happen in physiological birth.

This originates from the central nervous system’s feedback loops from peaking sex & sleep hormones.

Research on birthing focuses on physiological birth process for labor dystocia prevention

Context ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/P…
@jakesyma @BadMedicalTakes Mitigations to prevent labor dysfunction are often stupid simple.

Stuff like preventing melatonin suppression in hospitals by replacing outdated UV “blue” lights in birthing wards, for instance, lowers pain and increases strength of the feedback loop.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/P…
@jakesyma @BadMedicalTakes We already have one major solution
to one of the causes
of painful hospital-induced
labor dysfunction.

Does your hospital still use UV lights around women in labor?

Can you teach them
about labor dystocia risks
and melatonin suppression? ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/P…
Read 21 tweets
Nov 26, 2023
@Loubell888 @BryanKemper Why do you think that matters??
Women deserve access to meds, medical procedures, & surgery no matter what!
My friend had a wanted pregnancy & had to induce abortion bc her fetal tissues were not strong enough to survive & big government told her no. They wanted her to get sepsis
@Loubell888 @BryanKemper She already had kids & was excited about having more, but the doctors told her that her fetal cardiac cells were still functional, so she had to wait out “nature’s course” as if she were living in the damn stone age.

Women used to die in pregnancy ALL THE TIME before med care.
@Loubell888 @BryanKemper Insurance wouldn’t cover the meds, medical procedures, or surgery to start over and try for a healthy sibling for her eldest. They were crushed. The family now had to come to terms with the fact that big government was run by religious nutjobs who knew NOTHING about pregnancy.
Read 12 tweets
May 17, 2023
@CO2Coalition To understand how CO2/temp relate, we need to explore #physics,
& the chem properties of the #carbondioxide molecule.

Learn about CO2’s #DipoleMoment & how change in energy balance affects DENSITY, & behavior.

Shit, I burnt my toast.
#STEMeducation
mdpi.com/2075-163X/13/1… ImageImageImageImage
@CO2Coalition Dipole moments are the change in energy between atoms.

Think of this energy change as a soccer ball w a force towards a specific direction. This “pulls” naturally on atoms when they join together to make molecules.
Its based on the atoms’ electrons.

ImageImageImageImage
@CO2Coalition Electrons ‘spin’ around the nucleus of an atom (similar to planetary orbits)
chem.libretexts.org/Bookshelves/In…
The closer the electron to the center, the faster it has to spin. #MolecularOrbitalDiagrams for CO2 show us where electrons spin based on energy available.
butane.chem.uiuc.edu/pshapley/gench… ImageImageImageImage
Read 21 tweets
May 15, 2023
Sleeping beauty
is such a messed up story.

A baby girl is promised
to a boy,
as property for sex,
when she reaches sexual maturity.

Girl escapes, meets her future owner (unknowingly),
he grabs her arm several times, doesn’t leave her alone til she passively flirts back.
So she realizes stranger danger and refuses to tell him her name and runs home, but not before (in her sheltered naivety) inviting the rapey stranger TO HER HOUSE.
She finds out she is actually PROPERTY & must return to her owners, & cries.
Fairies return her to her abusers to be sex trafficked, while the dads celebrate their grandkid “deal”

PLOT TWIST:
She goes into a coma,
and the only way to “wake” her is to sexually assault her.
Read 5 tweets
May 10, 2023
@LMMammita @TheBasedTrinity Gurl, I’m making the best of an unexpectedly bad situation 😂

If we’re HONEST about momlife,
more women will be ready for it.

I believe
INFORMED CONSENT
is the key to getting the
right job candidates.
Momlife is unpaid labor.
@LMMammita @TheBasedTrinity To be clear:
I am smiling and happy when I’m NOT being elbowed in the gut/insulted/ignored/shushed/scolded for “making the wrong dinner”/screamed at for reminding the kid to brush/etc.

These are newer school-age kid struggles that I WELCOME
compared to the baby trenches! 😂
@LMMammita @TheBasedTrinity But I’m NEVER
doing the baby trenches again
bc fool me once,
shame on you.

I was VERY angry at society for pressuring me into a lifestyle
that I absolutely hated.
And the #momlife claims
were all false pretenses.

I was mislead.
Read 15 tweets
May 9, 2023
Right now the current battle we parents are having w a magnet charter school (read: private business)
is mitigation strategy for having no accredited teacher most of 2023.

We were mislead: the “new teacher” was NOT accredited or full time. It was a PT student teaching 3X wk 🧵
This affected the students in different ways. Lack of adult consistency caused the special ed kid to throw tantrums. The advanced students were now in daycare. Subs daily. They watched more pixar movies in school than we watched at home for the duration of 2023.
The HW stopped.
Luckily we found out that a fellow parent is an accredited teacher! So she is now teaching her own kid. A few months is a LONG time to be at daycare instead of school for a kid. If we parents had known, we would have pulled our kids out and put them in a REAL SCHOOL.
Read 12 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(