2. When children home learning, think about children w/ no internet, no food, no electric, or parents that must work to pay bills, but they don't want their children in public school due to COVID. This is where this school steps in. Please help!! 🔥🔥🔥
3. This is a school formed by parents, for students who need a school like this the most. Local parents (even those w/ adult children like myself) are giving all we have to make sure children of all financial backgrounds get an even chance. Please help! amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls…
1. I explained, to a R, how treating employees w/ respect, providing a living wage & medical insurance, & other family/work balance benefits keeps employee satisfaction higher & decrease the churn of retraining new employees = saving money.
He said I sounded like Karl Marx.
2. Of course, the dig that I sound like Karl Marx was to insinuate that my "liberal ideas" were purely socialist or communist in nature. -
When I pointed out to him that my Republican father taught me these employee values while we worked the farm the guy had nothing to say.
3. For obvious reasons, calling me Karl Marx doesn't bother me as much now then it would have in the 80s, but I'd like to know something. When did "Treat your employees like shit & spend even more money to retrain new employees" become the campaign slogan for Republicans?
1. Let's talk about adult survivors of #childhoodtrauma & #COVIDー19 . There are a few survivors who understandably are triggered by chaos, but I bet, if you ask most adult survivors of adverse childhood experiences, they're doing just fine during the #CoronavirusPandemic . Why?
2. Preparing for the worst is our norm. If we come from poverty, we always keep extra food & supplies in our homes & if we come from chaos, we always keep a to-go bag packed & ready. What everyone is doing now, is what we do normally. So, this chaos is calming to us. #COVIDー19
3. Adult survivors of childhood abuse have always known the status quo isn't reality & life will change. It's not always a healthy way to live, but now that this has come, we smile, & we breathe deeply. Because we know we are in control, prepared, and ready. #CoronavirusPandemic
She shared important information with her boss, which could affect the case. -- She had the obligation to inform her friends and her job what might be happening so they knew what might be found by the prosecution. She was honest!
1. My heart breaks for our country. What's worse is I knew this was coming for my entire life. How? I was forced to become one of them for 3 yrs.
I was a "Soldier of God" to take down the civil rights of the 50s & liberal rights of the 60s. -- Ask me anything about that plan.
2. I'll start off:
Q. What are the basic teachings in a far-right fundamentalist school (cult)?
A. Rich white healthy straight men are blessed by God to lead this nation. Everyone else must serve God by serving these leaders. Laws are created to support the leaders & empires.
3. Q. What is the basic fight? Why do they not help those who are suffering?
A. To them suffering on Earth is only temporary. If they hurt others to fulfill the plan, then it's God's will. The only way a person can stop hurting is to turn to God to go to heaven & suffer no more.
Let's talk racism. - When Trump constantly says @RepMaxineWaters has a low IQ & "You can't help it" he is stating one of the worst racist assumptions held by White Supremacists when they speak about POC. It's racism connected to the divine right of power, colonization, & slavery.
In the past, when whites colonized nations or cultures, they assumed POC had low IQs & needed white people to teach them the correct way to live - The "Christian way to live" - Most people have abandoned this thought, but White Supremacists have held onto this idea, so has Trump.
The "Christian" thought was God had created man in his image (white man) and the white man is supposed to rule over the world and use the resources to provide for everyone else. This included the warped belief that white men ruled over blacks & other POC based on the Ham Curse.
1. I was a HS teacher for a short time (grant position). Why would I never want teachers w/ guns? Besides the obvious, teachers represent the country as a whole. Which means there are good & bad teachers. I've heard teachers call POC teens terrible words in the teacher's lounge.
2. I've seen POC students treated worse than white students for same offense. Plus, no matter the race, I've seen teachers get frustrated and throw things (not at students). Teachers are human. I've been around some of the most outstanding teachers ever, but there are bad too.
3. I loved my job, but it was the bad teachers which finally drove me away. As a state granted teacher, it was hard to change an entire environment when I was only one of a few who would speak up. I finally resigned.
1. #Thread - Last year I wanted to watch, read, and donate to anything written by, produced by, created by, or about any marginalized groups. I will still do that in 2018, but I want this year to be the Year of the Woman! Each day I want to promote women! #YearOfTheWoman
2. I want to share things created by women, especially when the "thing" is created by a mix of women from various backgrounds. #YearOfTheWoman
3. As I've said before, I'm 50. I grew up in a time when not only were women expected to be subservient, but they couldn't hold a lead role on TV w/o the role being about a man. We've come a long way, but we still have a very long way to go to truly have equality. #YearOfTheWoman
1. #TAXscam explained by a nerd -
Imagine a video game 500 yrs ago. Even though everyone had to play every day, only Christian white males were allowed to earn points from everyone's work. Everyone could pass their points down to their children, but only white males had points.
2. It's 2017 & rich white males have more experience points than everyone else. Not only do they have more experience points than everyone else, but they also have more health, property, and education points. They even stole points from others.
3. They look at their points and they decide (as the super players) they want more points from the total points available. So, they get together to change the rules. Through rules, they take away the ability of other players to earn more health, property, and education points.