Clearly, Iran wants the expected consequences of a military attack - retaliation.
But Iran knows that. And it's clearly made the decision to accept the predictable damage. So it's clear that it wants that kind of military response. Why?
1. A US attack would stoke Persian patriotism & stifle Iran's internal dissent
2. Trump promised no more ME wars - war hurts him going into 2020
3. It further splits the US, domestically & with its Euro "allies"
1. Deterrence? No, Iran's already decided not to be detered
2. Save face? Maybe, but our allies know Iran's game and would understand us not playing it
3. Degrade Iran's combat power? Iran's accepted that cost.
So, time to think outside the envelope. What does Iran think is not on the table (as a target of US power) that it does not want to risk?
Iran's people are the decisive point.
Cyber: Damage Iran's power grid and petrol facilities. Shift the costs onto the people, and let the mullahs explain why there's no lights or gas.
Info: Make it Mullahs v US
DON'T PLAY IRAN'S GAME.