A software architect by trade in a land fallen to hate and lies. Hide from it or make a stand? No choice. If not me then who? 🏳️🌈🇪🇺🇬🇧🇩🇪🇺🇦
Aug 13, 2022 • 6 tweets • 1 min read
Just plain wrong to claim Tories have no principles.
1. Taxes belong to tory friends. 2. Water, energy, transport bills belong to offshore investors 3. Property belongs to tory friends. 3. Only wealthy people can be healthy 4. Tories are above the law 5. Truth is a threat
Tory Principles (2)
6. The environment belongs to tory friends. 7. Parliament is a threat 8. Fear and hate are important weapons of control 9. Humans should not have rights 10. Independent journalism is a threat 11. Shame is weakness 12. There is no such thing as dirty money
Aug 10, 2022 • 10 tweets • 4 min read
Politics is simpler than people make out.
The Tories are incredibly successful at delivering what their backers want.
Their offshore backers wanted Tories to divert the money we spend on power, water, and transport into their pockets.
Job done. Our pockets are empty and our rivers are full of our shit.
1. Join SM + CU. 2. Make Electoral Commission independent 3. Make @BBC independent 4. Ban non-dom media ownership & implement #Levenson2 5. Axe #Channel4 sell-off 6. Make the @metpoliceuk independent 7. Make lying unlawful in Parliament
8. Place the ministerial code into law with a custodial sentence for breach 9. Make it law that all government communication must be recorded 10. #ProportionalRepresentation 11. Close tax havens and tax loopholes 12. Investigate and prosecute 'VIP' and Track and Trace fraud.
May 25, 2022 • 6 tweets • 2 min read
Today, a career liar sacked multiple times for lying, a man too important to pay parking fines or follow his own lockdown laws, a man happy to help another assault a journalist, a man who weaponised a nativist far right project to pitch him into power, unleashing historic harm...
...will tell a raft of lies to avoid being pitched out of his job by a fearful, spineless group of MPs happy to watch his destruction of every organisation capable of holding power to account - not least Parliament itself - so they can keep their jobs...
May 22, 2022 • 4 tweets • 2 min read
I, born in 🏴,wanted 🇬🇧 to work. Which is true?
🏴 is respected in the 🇬🇧Parliament
🏴 has a veto over 🇬🇧 policies
🏴 is an equal member of the 🇬🇧 union
🏴 belongs to the EU like it wants to be
🏴 is free from authoritarian rule of a large neighbour
Breaking international law, criminalising protest, shutting down dissent, destroying electoral commission independence, introducing voter suppression, lies in Parliament, shutting it down, government by secret messages
The largest progressive party in Europe. Silent, as the #VoteLeave regime destroys the country.
The biggest failure of opposition in my lifetime.🤦
@Keir_Starmer: You demand we embrace the far right coup which has enabled obscene corruption, destroyed our influence, decimated exports, eroded standards and accelerated the gap between rich and poor.
Come to my door and tell me why. Follow me and DM me for the address.
Jul 20, 2021 • 7 tweets • 5 min read
@PickardJE The issue isn't that Turkey had a stalled EU application.
No. The issue here was a simple racist, xenophobic message:
74 million turks (and 'terrorists'!) -> 🇬🇧
Using Racism & xenophobia to instil fear every step of the way. @PickardJE Look! If Turkey joins, Syria and Iraq will be 'flooding in' too! More brown muslims! #VoteLeave and save the nation from them.
Feb 8, 2021 • 7 tweets • 3 min read
If I were @UKLabour leader, I would work with the @TheGreenParty and @libdems on an official electoral pact to remove all chance of tory victory. As PM, I'd modernise democracy, strengthen its checks and balances, implement fair tax, end tax dodging and send the corrupt to jail.
I'd make the state more efficient by introducing universal basic income. I'd make public provision more efficient by moving it back in-house. I'd transform the business landscape and personal freedoms by joining the Single Market and Customs Union.
Jan 30, 2021 • 4 tweets • 2 min read
1. Some in the EU, angry at life-saving contracts not honoured, consider idiot move"
2. Others in EU point out idiot move. EU doesn't do idiot thing".
1. Some in the UK dupe the people with lies into idiot move 2. Lies exposed. People not allowed to vote on idiot move 3. Idiot move implemented. Business, economy, freedoms shattered 4. We must celebrate our idiot move because the EU cancelled an idiot move!
Jan 17, 2021 • 4 tweets • 2 min read
Tanja is right. Conservatives are a minority coalition. Slave-trader statues? Threatening refugees? Ending foreign aid? Starving kids? Signals to keep it intact.
Rage changes nothing. Let's #TakeControl. A majority coalition *will*.
Also 'demonise the press'. Who needs that in the 21st century when you can just buy it instead?
Dec 24, 2020 • 5 tweets • 2 min read
The #BrexitDeal is better than #NoDealBrexit in the same way that shooting yourself in the leg is better than gouging your eyes out with a rusty spoon.
But congrats to the tories who gambled the country to silence the ERG, lost, and reinvented themselves as UKIP to survive.
We now begin a period where the British are second-class citizens in their own continent, less free than Romanians, with less say over our continent than Malta. Where uniquely, British businesses fight with one arm tied behind their backs with red tape, delays and costs.
1. #ShapeShiftingCreeps make bad leaders 2. Voting them in made you poorer & less free 3. Your children despise what you've done to their country and future 4. The majority, won't accept this gutter you expect us to live in now.
Remember when they told you there were no downsides to #Brexit?
Now they're telling you that trading with the US isn't important.
At what point do you wake up and realise these are the instructions for turning a country into North Korea?
When the Nazis invaded Poland they took control of the media to pump hate propaganda, stripped people of their freedom, looted the country's reserves, attacked the judicial system, farms, the arts, libraries, universities & neighbouring countries.
1. Tory-controlled media and their hate propaganda. #ToryHate
Apr 25, 2020 • 6 tweets • 4 min read
Reminder to ALL:
1) 🇬🇧 will continue its descent into corruption, failure, misery & poverty under #EndlessToryRule.
2) Our ONLY way out is to build a broad-church coalition opposition capable of winning #FPTP at the next election.
If you're not for (2), you're for (1). End of.
Today it's the mismanagement of #Covid19. Tomorrow it will be #NoDealBrexit. The next day it'll be #JudiciaryAttacks. The next will be #ContractsForToryDonors.... It will never end unless the *majority* who have always been against this start to work together.
Jan 15, 2019 • 5 tweets • 3 min read
Tonight, or soon, a lot of documents will be destroyed in DEXEU and the cabinet office. Leave Campaigns did this a long time ago.
There's a lot to cover up before the #BrexitEnquiry starts. If you can, save from destruction what you can, for us all.
You might remember how Theresa May's government has helped the corrupt. She ended an investigation into Arron Banks and ICO were prevented from searching Cambridge Analytica's offices until they had shipped out all their documents.
Are you a #Brexiter who voted in good faith for #Brexit, hoping for a better life for you and your family, and don't see why so many people now want a #PeoplesVote? Let's revisit the things #VoteLeaveBrokeTheLaw and @LeaveEUOfficial told you back then. 1/n
Then: "There will be no downside to Brexit - only a considerable upside" (David Davis).
Now, The "benefits" of brexit may take "up to 50 years to appear" (Jacob Rees Mogg), or "never" (Nigel Farage).
It looks likely that both Conservative and Labour will try to force hard brexit through without a #finalsay or #optiontoremain.
How do we respond?
Thread for discussion! #waton#fbpe#stopbrexit1/ Problem: If we have a fragmented collection of smaller efforts and parties, we will never get the gravity. We need a single political entity which stands solely for saving the country - an Emergency Alliance to Save Britain.