1. Sick to the back teeth of hearing the PM stating vaccous nonsense in Parl incl that she is implementing what the BritishPeople voted for.
No politician can now say what the People want..she has no right to subvert a false Will of the Ppl to her own Party political interest
2. She states 80% of ppl voted for parties backing #Brexit. This is arrogant rubbish as proven by any research undertaken. Many votes were tactical & a multi issue GE can't be taken as backing a given version or indeed any version. She lost her mandate Labour didn't win one!
1. Seen quite a bit of anti #FBPE nonsense...mainly from the further left..we've been called a cult by Corbynistas...I'd remind them, cultists worship deities PEOPLE or objects; opposing a #Brexit which is leaving us all Poorer, Weaker with Less Control & Fewer Rights is neither.
2. Using #FBPE doesn't make us anti Corbyn or Labour it makes us anti #Brexit & sadly that means we are in opposition to those who are forcing a flawed #BrexitShambles upon the Ppl & denying the Ppl a #FinalSay a #PeoplesVote to Confirm the Will of the Ppl to leave or to #Remain.
3. Fighting to give the Ppl a #FinalSay nor indeed giving the Ppl a #PeoplesVote doesn't thwart #Brexit nor disrespect anyone..it merely allows everyone to Confirm if they still want it or now to #StopBrexit & #Remain...it's called DEMOCRACY as it allows ppl to change their minds
I have seen JC supporters over the last few days repeatedly say that #FBPE is a one issue "Party" & that we are obsessed with #brexit and with destroying JC.
So I want to address this in 2 ways - This is my personal answer .............
1) #FBPE is a Europe-wide pro-EU group. It supports democracy, internationalism & is against populism, offshore billionaires running countries, autocracy, kleptocracy, fascism & any forms of extremism. The belief is that Democracy is an ongoing conversation. 2/n
Issues may differ in different countries, so in the UK, #FBPE is a pro-remain campaign group. It is a hashtag that brings together like-minded people on Social Media. it is not a political party, nor does it represent one. 3/n
Hearing reports that many #FBPE are getting shadow banned or short bans on twitter & don't understand why. This thread is intended to help you protect yourself. 1/n
1) What is a shadow ban? It is basically when you tweet & twitter don't send it to anyone at all. It happened to me at the weekend. Just silence. No notifications, & all you get on your home page is recipes for carrot cake. They can do a partial one. A full one is scary. 2/n
If it happens, ask a few friends to find you & retweet you, this helps send the message that people DO want to see what you send - it helps. 😀
Why do these things happen? Basically bc you are being reported for breaking the rules. 3/n
It's hard to see how Brexit can be seen as anything but a disaster for the West Midlands, but I will listen to everyone and report back. #BrexitRegionalImpact #SaveBrum
What's really special about the CityREDI Brexit Impact studies is that they don't just cover the UK but also the rest of the EU.
BrexitImpact on the EU isn't as bad as on the UK but it's still bad. Hard to imagine maintaining good relations after this harm. #BrexitRegionalImpact
The Tory's control more than half of councils, nearly double Labour. Losing control of even half of them is unrealistic, and even if it happened under fixed term government I can all but guarantee it won't result in a General Election.
A Prime Minister calls a GE under two circumstances: 1) They are miles ahead in the polls and think they can increase their majority (as in 2017) 2) They have suffered a humiliating defeat or scandal.
At N°9 in the Brit EU-#FakeNews Hit Parade: The Daily Telegraph, which is now almost as bad as red-tops for fake news when it comes to the EU, claimed the EU wanted to ban that most famous of British icons, the doubled-decker bus.
1) Corbyn's Authoritarian Labour
Corbyn has quickly fired multiple frontbenchers in the name of collective responsibility, whenever they said "leaving the SM may not be such a great idea"
This despite him being one of the greatest rebels in the history of Labour
2) just before Gardiner dismissed the GFA as an outdated relic which was being overplayed, Owen Smith was fired for suggesting a #FinalSay on #Brexit would be a good idea.
Owen Smith was open about his comments.
Barry Gardiner was not.
3) firstly, he directed critics to his formal speech, in an attempt to direct people away from his comments following the speech, in which he twice refers to the GFA as an outdated relic ("shibboleth") which was being overplayed.
We have advertising law in the UK & most countries. It covers goods & services bc we know that adverts influence people. eg we are not allowed to use cartoons to advertise to kids, or to advertise cigs on TV. There is 7 day cooling off if a sale happens in your home. 2/n
So - everyone who knows anything about the psychology of advertising - knows that advertising works. Anyway - why would anyone spend all that money on it, if it didn't? Large companies routinely spend millions of £ to influence what you spend your money on. 3/n #ABTV
This is gonna be long, but I think it's worth it. A well-regarded twitter poster, let’s call him Giorgio, has recently publish a thread stating among other things as follows. “The pathways to stopping or delaying Brexit are blocked.
But once the mandate is discharged, the pathways to UK rejoining, or being in a close association agreement with EU, within the single market and customs union, will be open, with no obstacles.”
This approach annoys me for two reasons, one because Giorgio seems to be attempting to cajole Remainers to put all activity on hold until we actually leave the #EU.
April 4th 2018 - The Exiting the European Union Committee have published 15 tests that MPs, Business and the Public should use to judge the deal that we get in October.
here they are
We need a #FinalSay
1/15 The Border with Ireland
In the Fight against Crime and Terrorism the Exiting the European Union Committee recommend that MPs, Business and the Public should use this test to judge the deal that we get in October
We need a #FinalSay
2/15 The Fight against Crime and Terrorism
On Security co-operation with the EU the Exiting the European Union Committee recommend that MPs, Business and the Public should use this test to judge the deal that we get in October
We need a #FinalSay
3/15 Security co-operation with the EU
The stock statement in response to #Brexit petitions needs to be called out. "There must be no attempts to remain inside the EU, no attempts to rejoin it through the back door, & no 2nd Ref" is fundamentally UNCONSTITUTIONAL as it binds Parliament and the People too.
Parliamentary sovereignty means one Parlt cannot bind another. This invalidates the "cannot reverse #Brexit" subtext of the above statement, as we've had a general election since #Article50 was triggered, so technically this is a different Parlt not bound by the previous one. /2.
The idea the People cannot speak again is ludicrous. It'd take a MAJORITY to #ExitFromBrexit. How is that undemocratic?Given the false prospectus on which #Brexit was sold, the chicanery & cheating of #VoteLeave & Brexit impact, it's the DUTY of Govt to give us #FinalSay Ref. /3.
I have just got back from a week in Berlin. I no longer feel that I am 'home'. There is something so sick, so diseased about Brexitland: the cheating and lying that go unreported and unpunished; the craven behaviour of the BBC that renders it a hideous propaganda machine; the
abject failure of the Opposition to oppose; May's ludicrous, deluded, insulting claims to be 'keeping us united' and this outrageously obdurate determination to kill off democracy and to spit in the faces of our friends...these all combine to leave me feeling very bleak indeed.
In Berlin, I was reminded how amazing it is to be European, what a joy to feel part of this great movement for peace, fraternity and enterprise and how heart-breaking it is to think that a few corrupt bigots and kleptocrats could take this away.I am also depressed by my inability
1/ Problem: If we have a fragmented collection of smaller efforts and parties, we will never get the gravity. We need a single political entity which stands solely for saving the country - an Emergency Alliance to Save Britain.
So why do they persist with a lie? B/c the ref was advisory. Brexit was supposed to be May's policy decision, then for Parliament's scrutiny. But Brexit is a stupid policy. May didn't want to own it or have Parliament scrutinize it. Easier to bypass this procedure w *ppl decided*
*Cameron promised to implement* is irrelevant to the legal position. Legislation was only for advisory ref. May overrode the legal status of an Act of Parliament, illegal in itself IMO & bypassed the req't to give notice to EU *in accordance with [UK] constitutional requirements*
.@CarolineLucas: "What these revelations show is that there is something rotten at the heart of our democracy...what I want to see is a proper investigation... it calls into the question the legitimacy of the EU referendum."m #Marr
.@CarolineLucas: calls for a #FinalSay: "It is not a second referendum - it's a first vote on the final deal...So many things were promised that have not come to pass" #Marr
I have a degree in psychology. The method used here is what's known as conditioning (works on similar principles to grooming girls or radicalising boys to become jihadis). It's despicable. There should be no tolerance for these dark ops in a serious, modern democracy. #StopBrexit
If #Brexit were any good for this country, there'd be no need to lie & cheat to obtain it. I have never known such an underhand, duplicitous Govt as this one. I still cannot get over Davis & Baker lying about the #BrexitImpactReports. Why pursue a policy that makes us poorer?
1/ Yes there is more to it than GDP. Silver lining of #Brexit is it has woken up all of us Brits who are proEU. Before EURef we did not need to be active or engaged. Now we bloody well do because the future of our country is at stake. #FBPE#WATON#REMAIN#StopBrexitSaveBritain
I need every single person with #fbpe in their bio to please retweet this thread. It is a call to arms to the U.K. creative service industry. Help me reach all the pro EU design talent. Creatives? Join us and help get a #finalsay on the Brexit deal. Read on...
This post is about Brexit and how your creative talent can help give the UK a final say on the exit deal. With one design day per month from your agency over the next six months we can propagate a positive message to moderate leave voters. #fbpe#finalsay#stopbrexit
Brexit is the elephant in the room for the creative industries. It will impact on the economy, our clients, how we hire talent and on our bottom line. #fbpe#finalsay#stopbrexit