1.This is a thread for my fellow Remainers in the #fbpe movement. There were some threads yesterday which have caused upset in our community and a shaking of people’s confidence. Well I awoke his morning with these thoughts on my mind and wanted to get them down on paper.
2. We have the privilege of having some excellent specialists in their fields fighting by our side, I thank each and every one of them. But it is by THEIR SIDE. They know the technocratic stuff and understand the legalities of treaties and trade deals.
3. But all of that on it’s own is not what will get us a peoples vote and our personal opinions, worldview and knowledge and experience should hold equal weight when considering our own positions.
The choice, of a Withdrawal Agreement happens, will be between a) accepting it, b) rejecting and no deal, and c) rejecting and revoking Art50 2/
As rejecting the WA for no deal is utterly, criminally, bat-shit mental self-immolation, Parliament should reject it as an option, leaving the question as the Withdrawal Agreement as agreed vs Revoking Art50. 3/3
The government has zombified its Brexit position but clutches the corpse: I tell Vanessa Feltz on BBC Radio London why May and Johnson’s fight is an embarrassing side-show, and why Chequers is still eye-wateringly dead
Boris Johnson is right that Chequers gives us less control than we have now, but UK government is out of options. No-deal can’t happen; that means a deal will; and the EU has no incentive to budge. We know how this story ends
Meanwhile, Macron has said he doesn’t want a ‘blind Brexit’. I explain what that is and why there’s a strong chance we won’t get it anyway, thanks to implicit demands of Irish backstop. Vanessa was also good enough to correct my #AccidentalPartridge when I misquoted Dylan Thomas
Sign up for #FinalSay today.
Let's look before we Leave.
We need change, but this is not the change we are looking for #LookB4WeLeave
Better safe than sorry.
Do you want this future?
It's in the hands of the People.
Please help put the brakes on Brexit change.org/p/theresa-may-…
I miss summer already.
Crisp chill in the air.
The washing didn't dry on the line this afternoon.
The nights are drawing in.
But there's a different feeling to the usual turn of the seasons.
A dread, building these past years.
Brexit is coming & it will break #OurNHS #StopBrexit
Why aren't more People helping to #SaveOurNHS?
Vote Leave's campaign was about giving tons of much-needed money to the NHS.
That's not going to happen.
In fact #OurNHS representatives say Brexit will break it
Let's check (democratically!) that enough of us want that eh? #FinalSay
1. Every day I awaken hoping MPs would just once challenge the validity of a #Brexit that Robs us of Rights & makes us Poorer based on a non-Binding result the votes of only 25.6% of the Ppl, 37% voters & 51.8% of those voting..many of whom now regret it.
But no it's the same old
2. Autocrats of Right & Left more interested in imposing their wills on the Ppl than the current Will of the Ppl, deny us a #PeoplesVote & a #FinalSay with a #Remain option, on the basis it would undermine democracy, disillusion voters & fuel the Far Right. So #Brexit must happen
3. I repeat...the result was non-Binding & backed by only 26.5% of the Ppl 37% voters. But also these 'Democrats' don't just deny a #PeoplesVote ..they choose to ignore the flawed & probably illegal basis upon which the Ref was based. Cambridge Analytica, Foreign interference etc
1a Big diffs between 1980s & today's #Brexit emergency which play to a new Centrist Grouping not being SDP2.. 1. Politicised Remainers 2. Party loyalty less strong 2. Far Right infiltration of Tories 3. Macron 4. LibDems a Catalist with a base 5. Big Funders
A new party is Viable
1. Yes @UKLabour it is nearly beyond time..back your members...back your voters...back the Maj of the Ppl & actively Oppose not Appease.
Your 1st priority is to the Country. #Brexit in any form harms it. @Labour4EU know it...Unions know it..Momentum too. theguardian.com/business/2018/…
2. Don't let the Govt stall or the @EU_Commission give them more time. Any #Brexit will become a Tory one..it hands the UK to the Far Right & ERG.
The Ref validity is long gone...past its Use By date.
Lies, Illegalities & Rights to be Removed w/o CONSENT.
@TomTugendhat@Andrew_Adonis Let's look at the facts: 1. The Ref MPs voted for was advisory 2. Cameron then made it binding in the minds of voters who don't understand the niceties of our constitution, which was shabby & underhand of him, because he created a political imperative to take the Ref advice
@TomTugendhat@Andrew_Adonis 3. Parliament never formally made the decision to leave, but gave Mrs May the power to trigger #Article50 through the shameful A50 Bill (launched before its rubbish White Paper was released), which converted Parliament into an irrelevant rubber stamp in the #Brexit process.
@TomTugendhat@Andrew_Adonis 4. Under pressure from the Economic Ruin Group (ERG), Mrs May triggered A50 prematurely, without impact assessments and, crucially, without agreement in her party as to what form #Brexit should take, let alone a plan.
Here is the #remainernow in the news section, where we upload stories regretful leavers get on print media. This is just what we have uploaded since launching last month but some great articles. #PeoplesVote
Brexit won't just hit the UK.
Many of the places it will affect the worst did not choose it.
I get Brexiters don't care about me, but is everyone really OK with the fact that this will seriously impact on all our neighbours too?
We're not just shitting our own bed in protest here
I'm supposed to be in #AltUK for a couple of weeks.
I'm losing my hope along with my sleep and my sight.
Much love to @spaceangel1964 who I met at the start when we were all shell-shocked staggering sucker-punched & has fought so hard to put the brakes on Brexit
@spaceangel1964 Bannon is Brexit
Trump is Brexit
Putin is Brexit
Johnson is Brexit
Farage is Brexit
Banks is Brexit
Rees-Mogg is Brexit
2. A fundamental principle of the common law is that votes can be declared void for substantial irregularity. If irregularity affects the result of an election it is by itself enough to compel the tribunal to declare the election void.
3. The result doesn't need to be affected. Only a ‘substantial departure’ from the rules, or the election being ‘conducted so badly that it was not substantially in accordance with the law’ is needed to void the ballot.
I have something to say about #finalsay.
As much as I agree with it in principle, if no law is passed to protect this ref from shadowy funds/online micro-targeting and no clarity is obtained on the million votes e-counted/counted by scanners needing the Internet... Pointless.
Even more pointless when so many people are just convinced they'll get the Brexit they voted for. These people are not the enemy. They are just trusting what they are told. And would be infuriated if the Ref result was Remain -and boldened to bully if it wasn't. Let's end the war
Tbh, the only way out I see is this 👇
The brexiters have no plan.
They can't agree w/ each other.
They can't find a solution for Northern Ireland.
Hopefully this could get traction again stockpiling no deal.
"No Brexit is better than a bad Brexit" until..
1. All of this was predicted by some 2yrs ago & #Brexit lost when May backed by Corbyn invoked A50 w/o a clue what they were doing.
Gross negligence & a lack of due diligence. The deceitful party political game play since then is a travesty of Democracy. ft.com/content/0df20c…
1. Sick to the back teeth of hearing the PM stating vaccous nonsense in Parl incl that she is implementing what the BritishPeople voted for.
No politician can now say what the People want..she has no right to subvert a false Will of the Ppl to her own Party political interest
2. She states 80% of ppl voted for parties backing #Brexit. This is arrogant rubbish as proven by any research undertaken. Many votes were tactical & a multi issue GE can't be taken as backing a given version or indeed any version. She lost her mandate Labour didn't win one!