But maybe not for the same reasons.
(I'm talking about, among others, the Federation for American Immigration Reform.)
Here are some unvarnished truths:
2. There is a lot of money in the business of human detention. I mean, incarceration.
3. At least on the immigration side, the haters have a 40 year headstart. (FAIR dates back to 1979)
Wait and see what Jeff Sessions & Co. have in store.
2. Stop criminalizing brown and black bodies, or the exercise of human rights by brown and black bodies.
4. Associate the word "immigrant" with "future citizen," or "aspiring American" whenever possible, and repeatedly.
6. Let's start talking about citizenship law, not just immigration law. And let's not conflate immigration law with deportation law.
7. Let's raise the term prosperous border, not "border security." Let's not conflate border security with border militarization.
9. Immigration is the cure for cultural stagnation. America is not a pie that needs dividing. It's a whole kitchen.
Don't just resist.