This plate contains some hot 🌶green chillies called "kochchi" in 🇱🇰 #SriLanka.
A Sri Lankam student of year 5 (around 10 y/o) gave these chillies to the canteen staff of the school asking if she can get some food in return. 1/
🌶Imagine how many children of 🇱🇰 #SriLanka are malnourished now? 🌶Imagine how desperate this child was for some food?
🌶Imagine how many children skip school because of hunger?
Dear 🇱🇰#SriLanka,
Do you still support these politicians who stole from you and are stealing? 2/
Are you aware that #corruption is rampant in #LKA according to @tisrilanka reports. See 2021 Corruption index where #SriLanka scores 37/100 ranking 102/180. Sri Lanka comes in a list of 10 countries that urgently need to act with #pandorapapers. 5/
Almost half of 🇱🇰Sri Lankan children require some form of emergency assistance. The pandemic made it worse. In this current crisis, how do you ensure that the children receive your #foodaid? 6/
unicef.org/press-releases…
#SriLanka's government recently passed the budget in parliament. The Defence budget is extremely high & unnecessary for a bankrupt country not at war. How does @IMFNews & donors see this? 7/
Do you see the need to strengthen tear gas canisters, armoured cars, riot gear & military equipment to oppress and control peaceful protesters who seek #GoodGovernance by #tyranny #policebrutality & #militaryrule? #LKA appears to become a #junta with your aid. Do you agree? 8/
Students #SiridammaThero & #WasanthaMudalige are jailed for over 90 days under #PTA. Govt uses #hooding as a form of torture which is forbidden by the Geneva convention. Protesters pleaded to the @UN asking to pressure their release.If this would be #Iran what would you do? 9/
The Secretary General of @amnesty @AgnesCallamard wrote to the president of #SriLanka. These letters seem to fall on deaf ears. Sri Lankans are leaving the country in masses. #SriLanka is becoming a #Myanmar. It's obvious @IMFNews loan is not used to solve the economic crisis.10/
It is high time that donors ask for #accountability & respect for #HumanRights & #ruleoflaw. #basilrajapaksa former finance Minister is back. President says there won't be parliamentary elections. He threatens to go for military rule. Will you watch this in silence? 11/
Will you watch thousands of children die like this child who tried to trade 🌶chillies for food? Then president uses #militarybrutality & #policebrutality to suppress the hungry civilians who ask for #GoodGovernance while having cocktails & posing for pics for your tweets? 12/
Dear donors, please show your principles & treat 🇱🇰#LKA the same way you treat rogue states. You must stand up for these children and youth who are fighting for their future. #Aragalaya is about #GoodGovernance #HumanRights #ruleoflaw values which you claim to defend. 13/🙏🏾💚
Please unroll @threadreaderapp thanks.
This is the speech of President of #SriLanka to the parliament. Doesn't he sound like he is dreaming of a military state while more than half of the children are malnourished? Look at the accusations at Human Rights organisations. 14/
When I wrote this 🧵I was not aware that he once again used #Hitler in glorified form. This is extremely worrisome. 15/

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Sanjee #GoodGovernance🇱🇰🇪🇸🇧🇪🇪🇷🇿🇼🇳🇦🇫🇮

Sanjee #GoodGovernance🇱🇰🇪🇸🇧🇪🇪🇷🇿🇼🇳🇦🇫🇮 Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @nomadic_sanjee

Jan 4
Dear X family,
My account is being impersonated by someone using my name & image without my authorisation. This is #cyberbullying .
I guess I have been effective that some found the time to resort to this tactic. Could you please report @ShanikaDSilva.🙏🏾💚
Follow Steps.⬇️

🔴🔴🔴 Fake account alert🔴🔴🔴

When you stand up against bullies, this is bound to happen.

⛔️⛔️Please report this account @ShanikaSDSilva and block. 👇👇⛔️⛔️ Image
I have a fairly good idea who is doing this & so does Twitter #LKA. I recently called out the #CyberBullying done by the gang #LindaLangaSangamaya in #SriLanka & it's normal to intimidate the person who speaks up. That's #ThugLife. 😀See Sinhala text. Who writes යාලුවනේ?
Read 7 tweets
Jan 2
After the recent hashtag drama in Twitter #LKA, finally what really bothers the alleged victim has come out-an analysis of online behaviour of new generation of JVP & NPP. Fascinating! I will explain why.
#TwitterLK
#LindaLangaSangamaya
#SriLanka
#CyberBullying
#AiyoKaren 1/

@bandarawar was accused of "misogny" for having "invented" the hashtag #AiyoKulanthi.Some went the extra mile to use terms like "creepy" & "sexual harassment".They all didn't hide the fact that what really bothered them was his political ideology. Anjana is a NPP fan. 2/
Anjana being a post graduate medical student had announced on Twitter that he was taking time off from SM for his exams. Does this affect the conduct of #LLS? Ofcourse it does because in #CyberBullying you go for your opponent when he is vulnerable.
3/
Read 19 tweets
Nov 1, 2023
Two days ago an 🇦🇹Austrian acquaintance of mine accused me of being anti semitic.I went to his social media timeline to discover that he was sharing loads of Islamaphobic articles that portrayed all Muslims as terrorists.I asked him politely where I had posted antisemitic stuff.
I also asked him why he was sharing Islamaphobic stuff on his timeline. Instead of answering me he blocked me. This acquaintance had been a Trump fan & I am not surprised by his response. This made me wonder about anti semitism. I see the label thrown around a lot.Why was that?2/
I saw this interesting article from 2019 written by two Jewish Academics.

"Distorting The Definition Of Antisemitism To Shield Israel From All Criticism"

2/lobelog.com/distorting-the…
Read 14 tweets
Aug 29, 2023
This is Dewmini. She was stolen from her herd when she was a baby & each time she cried she was beaten & stabbed by a bullhook. Is this Buddhism? This is animal abuse.
STOPPeraheraCruelty ⛏🦣 
#PeraheraWithoutElephants
#PeraheraCruelty 🦣⛓
#SriLanka 
#KandyEsalaPerahera2023 1/
Dewmini was allegedly captured from wild. Each time we have seen her in perahera she hs appeared highly distressed. Just 2 weeks ago we saw her being mercilessly bull hooked at Bellanwila perahera. This cruelty has to STOP!
2/
Change your profile picture to end elephant slavery in 🇱🇰 #SriLanka. Elephants in 'perahera" is dangerous to humans, cruel to elephants, bad for tourism. #PeraheraWithoutElephants #CultureWithCompassion
#PeraheraCruelty 🦣⛓ 
#KandyEsalaPerahera2023 3/
Read 14 tweets
Aug 7, 2023
Do you know the 🇫🇮Finnish author Tove Jansson who created the famous Moomins?

She also worked as an illustrator and cartoonist for the Swedish-language satirical magazine Garm from the 1930s to 1953. Did you know she made fun of Hitler, Stalin & fascism in general?
1/

Tove Jansson began her career at Garm in 1929 at the young age of 15 (her mother Signe Hammarsten-Jansson had worked for the publication since it started) and Tove stayed with the magazine until the end in 1953. 2/
Here's an article on Tove & her satirical career.
3/openculture.com/2020/11/before…
Read 9 tweets
Jul 10, 2023
Petition to request to prohibit the performance of 🇱🇰 Sri Lankan Rapper Iraj Weeraratne, organised by 4 civil society groups of Sri Lankans in Australia has passed 5000 signatures.
Iraj is well known for #HateSpeech #Islamaphobia & #Transphobia in #LKA. 1/ https://t.co/wOCHs5zbJJchange.org/BoycottIraj
Here is a thread on how Iraj the musician helps Iraj the racist.
2/
Here is a thread on how Hate Speech is defined in laws of different countries & in this case Australia.
3/
Read 14 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(