1) your voters aren’t turning out
2) your incumbents are getting outraised
3) the other party has candidates in virtually all 435 districts
4) you keep waiting for things to “get better” and they don’t.
2010, meet your mirror image: 2018.
5) your incumbents in tough districts are calling it quits
6) voters start caring about your side’s scandals a lot more than your opponents’
7) you recently started voting against your own party/president but voters aren’t giving you any credit
2018: Year of Angry Female College Grad (‘16 Trump base of non-college men not showing up)