Those are the words of former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court Warren Burger (1969-1986.)
Let me state it clearly:
NO COURT HAS EVER RULED THERE IS AN INDIVIDUAL CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS.
That is not, that is never, what the #2ndAmendment has said.
That's not remotely bipartisan. That's classic GOP. Same technique used in immigration, healthcare - anything that takes away rights from someone else.
1. Prevent suicide by creating an Extreme Risk Protective Order.
2. Mandate reporting of lost/stolen firearms
3. Reinstate "1 handgun a month" in VA
4. Take away guns from DV abusers
5. Universal background checks
7. Enact child access prevention laws and promote safe storage of firearms
Answer: Nothing. They're common sense. But the Overton window has moved so far toward the @NRA they seem extreme.
The NRA called Justice Stevens' oped a "disgrace to America."
Yet kids keep getting shot in schools, people in houses of worship, or just walking down the street.
The NRA is a disgrace to America.