1. If they wanted a balanced budget, they wouldn't have bought multiple tax cuts, driving up budget deficits for the last 40 years
2. No single Amendment ever needed a ConCon
- Regulate corporations
- Protect citizens', workers' and voters' rights
- Manage gov't support for our most needy citizens
- Help the nation compete
They draft state laws with corporate input via ALEC.
They allow lobbyists to write federal legislation (the Tax Scam bill involved 3,000).
- Nominate candidate judges
- Threaten to, and actually do, run extremist candidates to knock more moderate/less compliant Republicans out of primaries
- Use funding for GOP legislators as a cudgel/carrot
- Jeff Flake
- Bob Corker
- Darrel Issa
- Ed Royce
- Ileana Ros-Lehtinen
- Ryan Costello
House Democrats can, and should, pursue this concern.
They own Cambridge Analytica (now rebranded as Emerdata to escape litigation for Brexit and election interference), which Bannon managed.
They knowingly endorsed illegal participation in UK & US votes.
How long will that last?
Many are now refusing to accept money from *any* PAC or corporation, and won't participate in soliciting wealthy donors.
The past 4 years have proven them wrong. Time for relitigation.