- Susan Rice's "illegal" unmasking of Michael Flynn, in which Nunes leaked classified intel
- The Nunes Memo; he alleged a FISA warrant failed to note funding for the Dossier (it did)
- Spygate, in which he alleged the FBI acted improperly in using an informant (it didn't) and again leaked classified intel
- Strzokgate, in which he alleged Peter Strzok tainted the Mueller investig'n (the FBI IG reported no such taint)
- McCabegate, in which he alleged Andrew McCabe received money from the Clintons (he didn't; his wife's campaign got money from Terry McAuliffe, which neither ever handled)
- Uranium One, in which he alleged Hillary Clinton received a bribe to influence the sale of uranium to Russia (she didn't; players, timing, sources and destinations of funds all wrong)
- Steelegate, in which he alleged that Steele lied to the FBI about if/when he contacted the media, and acted as a Russian agent to spread lies in the Dossier (none of its claims are disproven; 12 are right, 12 unknown, 3 imperfect)
- Steelegate: he alleged Steele lied to the FBI about contacting the media, and acted as a Russian agent to spread lies in the Dossier (none of its claims are disproven; 12 are right, 12 unknown, 3 imperfect)
To make matters worse, when Nunes was placed under investigation after the Susan Rice hoax, he "recused himself" for the duration of the probe.
But he didn't.
He continued to issue improper subpoenas without the full Cmttee's vote, as required.
Some witnesses refused to respond to these improper subpoenas, issued when Nunes did not have authority due to his recusal, and unauthorized by the full Cmttee.
Nunes then threatened them with Contempt of Congress.
Nunes's staff threatened Deputy AG Rosenstein w/ Contempt of Congress when he refused to disclose evidence in an ongoing investig'n which would have been leaked to the targets of the investig'n, as Nunes' has done before.
Rosenstein told Nunes' staff he would welcome being tried for Contempt of Congress, and suggested they make sure they preserved all relevant evidence (which, thanks to his request, it is now a felony to destroy).
So he aborted it.