I hate this format.
That's inarguable—as is the fact that obstruction of justice is an impeachable offense.
LIEU (D-CA): "The reason, again, that you did not indict Donald Trump is because of the OLC opinion stating that you cannot indict a sitting president, correct?
MUELLER: That is correct.
Good luck with that, Congressman.
Adequately laid out a mountain of obstruction evidence neither the GOP nor Mueller rebutted.
Republicans didn't contest the evidence—they just angrily attacked the messengers and raised irrelevant topics.
BUCK (R-CO): Could you charge the President with a crime after he left office?
1. Mueller says he would have indicted Trump for obstruction but for an OLC opinion he was forced to follow.
2. Mueller says Trump-connected witnesses impeded his investigation.
3. Mueller says that Trump can be prosecuted after he leaves office.
Of course, I'm talking about Trump and his team and Nunes is talking about—for some reason—the new British Prime Minister.
Keep in mind the evidence suggests the FBI asked Trump and Flynn directly in August 2016 to inform them if they had any evidence the Russians were trying to make contact.
Clearly Barr *tried* to exonerate him, so clearly Barr thinks he can.
Mueller thereafter makes some news: he implies that he put in "does not exonerate" in case Barr *didn't realize* he *couldn't* make that call.
DEMINGS: Isn't it fair to say the president's written answers were not only inadequate and incomplete—because he didn't answer many of your questions—but also where he did his answers showed he wasn't always being truthful?
We *cannot wait any longer* to see it.
Democrats methodically made a harrowing case and *eventually* revealed why we need to see counterintelligence evidence.
Republicans did no more than spin bizarre conspiracy theories—they challenged no facts in the report.
1. There are too many to mention—you'll have to read over this thread.
2. The FBI's counterintelligence investigation is still ongoing—and still working to determine if the President of the United States has been compromised by the Kremlin.