Ayodhya case hearing.
A five-judge bench comprising the CJI Ranjan Gogoi, Justices S A Bobde, D Y Chandrachud, Ashok Bhushan & Abdul Nazeer has assembled.
Senior advocate Zafaryab Jillani commences arguments for Sunni Waqf Board.
25th July 1936 with respect to payment of arrears of salary of
Abdul Gaffar who is said to have worked as Pesh Imam in the Babri Mosque.
Dr. Dhavan points out that he will reply to Suit 1 and Suit 3 and thereafter will reply to Suit 5. After Replication he will be starting Suit 4.
-The only claim is against the state and section145 Cr. PC order.
- Suit is only for charge and management.
- Suit was for inner courtyard only.
- No averment that central dome was the birthplace of Lord Ram.
- Even if a new temple is made, Nirmohis will be shebaits of the same.
- First Nirmohi Akhara had said that the term "Janmasthan" is a meaningless phrase but has later accepted it as a juridical entity.