Until today, SPR/EC do not provide explanation why they made voting day on Wednesday
UMNO is the biggest loser. GE13= 88 seats (+9) GE18= 54 (-34)
BN 2nd biggest losre. GE13= 133 seats (-7) GE18= 79 (-54)
Losses on BN is across the board. PBB (-1), PRS (-3), MCA (-6), MIC (-2).... you get the idea
1. It's not just the Najib factor. If it was, UMNO would be hit hardest, but Sabah Sarawak voted no too
2. Racial politics is dead
3. Islamization is thriving (lookat Kltn/Tganu?)
4. Police/Army/Civil Srvce wanted BN out too
1st place = PPBM. From nothing to 13 MPs overnight
Close 2nd = Amanah. From zero to 11 MPs overnight
Even closer 3rd place is = Warisan. Zero to 8 MPs, also overnight
The podium finish is nano-second difference.
Notable mentions: PKR +17 seats, DAP +4
1. Contesting under 1 flag always does the trick. BN did it for 60 years. Will PH register as 1 flag moving fwd?
2. Mahathir is a factor
3. Najib is a factor
4. Anwar is a factor
Numbers 2,3,4 all has long-winded explanations in their own right
PH supporters were the ones most pissed about EC's delieanation. PAS supporters so quiet about it. Maybe they shouldn't have?
PH = 48%
BN = 34%
PAS = 17%
Inde = 1%
PH = 54.5%
BN = 35.6%
PAS = 8.1%
Inde = 1.8%
Expect media to be watching the PH government like a hawk. A hawk who has a voice.
1. No Independence. SPR reports to PM's Department instead of parliament. Funds also from PMD
1. If we split eligible voters with number of parliaments, we get 67,000 (14.9 mil voters divided 222 parl seats)
2. Why some seats <15k voters, other seats >100k voters?
IRC must look into this