Till date, nobody knows who killed Bola Ige. Security is a daunting global challenge and our situation isnt yet acceptable under Buhari. This isnt to say we havent had a few plus considering that @PoliceNG is almost an entirely useless institution.
Janet Oladape, PDP leader in Odigbo LGA clubbed to death by gunmen on August 13, 2002.
Alhaji Ahmed Pategi, Kwara State Chairman, PDP, murdered at Aiyetoro, in Kogi State, on the 15th of August, 2002.
Victor Nwankwo: younger brother of Arthur Nwankwo, founder, Eastern Mandate Union (EMU) assassinated on August 29, 2001.
Odunayo Olagbaju: member, Osun House of Assembly, killed in Ile-Ife on December 21, 2001.
Chimere Ikoku: former VC, UNN, killed in his residence in Enugu on 20th of October 2002.
February, 2003, Chief Ogbonnaya Uche, ANPP senatorial candidate in Imo, assassinated.
Theodore A. Agwatu, Principal Secretary to the Governor of Imo State, killed in February 2003.
February, 2003 Ogbonnaya Uche, ANPP senatorial candidate for Orlu was killed in his home by unknown gunmen. Killers are yet to be found till date.
On July 2006, Lagos PDP guber aspirant, Funsho Williams was killed at his Dolphin Estate home Ikoyi, Lagos.
Kehinde Fasubaa, a look alike twin brother of Taye Fasuba, then Ado-Ekiti LG Chairman was killed on January 03, 2009. Taye Fasuba himself escaped death in 2004.
1. Igwe Nwankwo - Shot February 15, 2000 in Anambra.
2. Nicholas Okhuakhua Shot June 2000 in Lagos.
3. Mohammed Shuaibu Shot September 2000 in Lagos.
5. Idowu Braimoh Shot November 5, 2000 in Ondo.
6. Joseph Osayande December 4, 2000 shot at Benin
7. Chief Layi Balogun December 10, 2000 shot in Lagos.
8. Monday Ndor August 19, 2001 shot at Port Harcourt.
10. Chibueze Idah August 23, 2001 Ebonyi Shot Unresolved
11. Ogbonna Odimbaiwe August 23, 2001 Ebonyi Shot Unresolved
12. Ifeanyi Nnaji August 23, 2001 Ebonyi Shot Unresolved
13. Odunayo Olagbaju December 20, 2001 Ife Shot Unresolved
15. Eyo Eyo April 2002 Calabar Shot Unresolved
16. Ifeanyi Igbokwe April 18, 2002 Lagos Shot Unresolved
17. Musa Dayo May 9, 2002 Bauchi Shot Unresolved
18. Christopher Ogbonna May 26, 2002 Nsukka Shot Unresolved
20. Chief & Mrs. Barnabas Igwe September 1, 2002 Onitsha Shot Unresolved
21. Ogbonnaya Uche February 8, 2003 Owerri Shot Unresolved
21. E. Emenike February 13, 2003 Imo Shot Unresolved
23. Marshal Harry March 5, 2003 Abuja Shot Unresolved
24. Bala Mai-Haice March 17, 2003 Deba Shot Unresolved
25. Ajibola Olanipekun June 21, 2003 Ibadan Shot Unresolved
26. Dikibo February 6, 2004 Delta Shot Unresolved
28. Peter Eboigbe August 11, 2005 Benin Shot Unresolved
The list is endless! This isn't to say the internal security has improved today, but at least, so far, we have little or no political scores settled by assassins.
During PDP’s reign of terror, criminals werent only having a free day, even prisoners were escaping from prisons. It defies logic to berate a govt that’s barely 3yrs old when an estimated 9,603 prisoners escaped between 1999 – 2014.
- Agodi prison break was 11 September 2007.
- Bauchi prison break was in September 07, 2010.
- Damaturu, Yobe Prison break was on Sunday, 4 June 2012.
- On 30 June 2013, 175 prisoners escaped from Olokuta Prison, Ondo. 54 were rearrested while 121 escaped till today.
- 144 prisoners escaped from Kogi prison in November 02, 2014.