1/ Here are all the clues I’ve amassed over the last 9 months about the mystery company from country A fighting the subpoena battle:
2. State owned
3. English is not the primary language (docs had to be translated)
4. Has US offices
5. Does extensive business in the US
6. Repped by Alston & Bird
7. Is likely owned by a gulf state as the lawyers prosecuting the case are Zainab Ahmad and Zia Faruqui; Middle East experts
8. Is central to the Russia investigation (it was handed off to Mueller)
9. May have the format “XXX_XXXX” per Marcy Wheeler’s research on line breaks and spacing.
Hit me with your best shot!