• Team selection is the core issue right now. Trapp, Zardes & maybe Boyd (still want to see more) aren't up to the level that's needed in these games
• Could see immediate improvement re: attacking combo play when Sargent replaced Gyasi
• None of the CBs was able to dip their shoulder and carry past the pressing Mexican front line. Didn't happen a single time all game long.
• Pulisic played hard but was selfish & slow of thought (37th min non-breakaway, late overlap)
• Lletget was a breath of fresh air. Willingness/ability to receive the ball in tough spots was lacking from entire US side before he got in the game
• I'm fine w/ them trying to play through this press. I understand why others aren't
• I also have hope for Toye, Servania, Weah, Miles R, and Yueill, but am less confident about them than the above group
I do think he'll get there, but I share your frustration that we're not at that point just yet.
What I will say (and have written in the past) is that this young group seems better suited to playing against the ball than playing with it.
He's beaten a press before.