(2) Update as of today:
>The 5 defendants will remain in custody pre-trial in the firearms case that is in the FEDERAL jurisdiction.
>Further federal charges are possible.
>Further STATE jurisdiction charges are possible.
>Dumb things are still being said by LWNJs & RWNJs.
(3) Yes, there are nutjobs at the far end of both sides of the political spectrum.
I disavow bigotry against anyone that is SOLELY on the basis of their religion, race or any other "constitutionally protected class."
It's wrong AND it could ruin the prosecution case.
(2) Shoot, the first tweet has the wrong date. This thread starts on 8/31/18 not 8/30/18. I hate little mistakes, but continuing on is quicker than fixing it all up.
(3) I realize 5 threads are a lot to read, but if your reply shows you haven't read even some of this unpaid research work I've done, you probably won't get a reply from me. I don't mind being unpaid, I prefer it bc I can say what I want.
(2) You're not helping #MakeAmericaGreatAgain by accepting the cherry picked talking points of either Democrats OR Republicans.
On the GOP side, we must clean up our act when it comes to reporting & discussing this case. It is serious!
Don't be a hypocrite. Use your brain.
(3) Trust me, I've heard everything people are saying about this case. And I have assembled the facts that correct the misinformation. Anyone can do this, I'm not special. It just takes an open mind & a couple of hours of searching online, & I've done most of it for you.
We’re back in court today for the #TaosCompound case. Today the defense will making a motion to dismiss charges while the prosecutors will be appealing the decision to grant release. Live updates here.
Sheriff Hogrefe going over things with prosecutors. Defense attorneys are in courtroom. We had a 10am start time, still standing by.
Morton and the Wahhaj women enter the courtroom. All smiles before the hearing to dismiss their charges.
If you are familiar with NM law & politics, please add any relevant info below. Sources, links, documents etc preferred.
(2) In my initial thread linked above, I didn't say that the prosecution had a full 10 days between the raid of the compound on 8/3 and the bond hearing on 8/13. This makes their poor performance even less excusable.
(3) AFAIK, the 3 defendants eligible to be released once conditions are met remain in detention as of today. It is looking increasingly difficult for them to satisfy the housing condition, but their attorneys are working on it. Honestly I'd stay inside if I were them, for safety.