Federal Election Commission
Office of the Director of National Intelligence
Central Intelligence Agency
Defense Intelligence Agency
National Geospatial Intelligence Agency
National Security Agency
National Security Council
National Security Division
Criminal Division (DOJ)
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Office of Criminal Investigation (IRS)
Office of Investigative Programs (Customs)
U.S. Office of Special Counsel
Office of Law Enforcement (ATF)
Career members of the Senior Executive Service are Prohibited under the Hatch Act. I will let you guys populate a list of Career members of the SES who have violated the Hatch Act in the comments here. John Brennan comes to mind.
* May not be a candidate for nomination or election to public office in a partisan election.
* May not use his or her official authority or influence to interfere with or affect the result of an election.
> May not use his or her official title or position while engaged in political activity.
> May not invite subordinate employees to political events or otherwise suggest to sub ordinates that they attend political events or undertake any partisan political activity.
* May not knowingly solicit or discourage the participation in any political activity of anyone who has business before their employing office.
* May not solicit, accept, or receive a donation or contribution for a partisan political party, candidate for..... cont'd
> May not host a political fundraiser;
> May not invite others to a political fundraiser;
> May not sell tickets to a political fundraiser;
> May not use any e-mail account or social .... cont'd
media to distribute, send, or forward content that solicits political contributions.
* May not engage in political activity — i.e., activity directed at the success or failure of a political party, candidate for partisan political office, or .... cont'd
partisan political group — while the employee is on duty, in any federal room or building, while wearing a uniform or official insignia, or using any federally owned or leased vehicle.
> May not distribute campaign materials;
> May not display campaign materials or items;
> May not perform campaign related chores;
> May not wear or display partisan political buttons, t-shirts, signs, or other items;
> May not make political contributions to a partisan political party, candidate for partisan political office, or partisan political group;
> May not post a comment to a blog or a social media site that advocates for or against a partisan political party, ...cont'd
candidate for partisan political office, or partisan political group;
> May not use any e-mail account or social media to distribute, send, or forward content that advocates for or against a partisan political party, candidate for partisan political office, cont'd
What Happens if I Violate the Hatch Act?