1. We have vetoes and opt outs
2. EU commission drafts, enforces and monitors EU laws. But it does not pass laws. It’s a civil service answerable to EU governments.
4. The commission cannot foist laws upon EU member states.
5. EU laws are agreed by: a)the council of ministers, comprising ministers from 28 EU and b) governments and the European parliament.&
7. LSE research found that The UK is on the winning side 87% of the time.
9. EU compares well with massive UK delegated legislation I.e. statutory instruments which are not even debated.
11. If 1/3rd of national parliaments oppose a draft law, the commission must review it &
13. Is the EU perfect? No. But is it a dictatorship? Demonstrably not and people should not swallow Brexiter lies on this.