- Means interference in those processes
- Begs the question: who is 'independent'? Everyone has their biases. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Frankly, we all know what (in fact, who) point 5 really refers to though.
10. Show leadership and take responsibility.
Yes, yes, a million times yes. Points 9 and 10 are vital and irrefutable.
The narrative around all this is so deafening that any candidate who doesn't will be viewed as an apologist for antisemitism.
Good politics and bad politics.
It's just that their appeasement on this whole issue didn't work either. It just fed the narrative.
I will never accept that anti-Zionism is anti-Semitism. There are some circumstances when it is, definitely; but as a basic rule? Absolutely not.
1. Many states seek to influence the politics of others. In Shai Masot's case, he was caught trying to do this and sent home.
2. Joan Ryan was offered a million quid to pay for Labour MPs to visit Israel. That's it. That's all it amounted to.