1. Get rid of the 3 and 10 year bars and replace with a fine.
2. Put more asylum officers near the border.
3. Create a market-based cap for employment-based immigration.
4. Create an entrepreneurial startup visa.
6. Let's really make a 10 year law: provisional green cards.
7. Direct DHS to allow people to take the steps to correct their immigration status.
8. Penalties besides deportation.
10. Expand guest worker programs to allow people to go back and forth.
11. Invest in antigang resources.
12. Centralized U visa databases.
13. Tax incentives for microbusiness in high unemployment areas.
14. State biz incubators.
16. Create state Offices of New Americans.
17. Make real use of S visas to take down cartels.
18. Make filing for citizenship free or almost free.
19. Create path to green card for longterm TPS holders.
20. Recognize "deportees" as a group for asylum.
22. Give federal judges power to stop deportation for good cause shown.
23. Use fines levied for immig lawbreakers to help fund free vocational/college education for US citizens.
25. Give immig judges true independence, more support staff.
26. Backlog relief for India, China, Philippines, Mexico.
They've been gutting it for decades. It's not working.
It's like paying someone to rebuild the same building you just paid to knock down.
STOP MAKING IT SO DAMN EXPENSIVE THEN. Each hardworking immigrant deported is lost humanity, dignity, and yes, value.
Why not invest instead of expend?