1. We treat farmers like people who need charity from government rather than businesses that the country needs to thrive. Politicians treat farmers like stupid people. Do you like paying more for food? Why are you playing with food?
2. Farmers are not organised. You never hear these things happening around tea & coffee. When farmers are organised, they will engage with government a lot better. They have a voice. Saa hii, we are just ignored. #Food4Kenya
3. The NGOs that work in farming are disconnected from the reality of farming. How will you know our challenges if we are only seen as beneficiaries of your badly mzungu-designed programs? #Food4Kenya can't be solved from London and USA!
4. "Kenyans don't know how rich farming can make them. They don't realise that Kenya can feed itself completely (Balanced-diet mzima!) and even export to other countries. Be serious & you can grow managu in Nairobi and make money!" #Food4Kenya
5. "Our leaders are not visionary but we focus too much on them instead of strengthening our vision so that our leaders see what we want." #Food4Kenya
Here, I was snapping my fingers in agreement.