, 3 tweets, 6 min read
My Authors
Read all threads
We have a Right to Roam on just 8% of England's land. The other 92% remains off limits.

And now the Government is proposing to criminalise trespass...

theguardian.com/commentisfree/… Image
@RamblersGB @benedictsouthwo @GeorgeMonbiot @CampaignerKate @RobGMacfarlane @Trespass @tompion @ChrisGPackham @shared_assets It gets worse.

Incredibly, the public has a right of navigation on less than 4% of rivers in England & Wales. The other 96% are disputed or off limits!

Map: access.canoedaysout.com/map/rivers/hir…

Join @BritishCanoeing's new campaign to get wider access to rivers: clearaccessclearwaters.org.uk Image
@RamblersGB @benedictsouthwo @GeorgeMonbiot @CampaignerKate @RobGMacfarlane @Trespass @tompion @ChrisGPackham @shared_assets @BritishCanoeing Oh, by the way: this is the only place where you can legally go wild camping in England & Wales (part of Dartmoor).

Wild camping everywhere else is a civil offence (trespass), but the Govt's proposals could make it a criminal offence. 😱

Map source: dartmoor.gov.uk/about-us/about… Image
Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh.

Enjoying this thread?

Keep Current with Guy Shrubsole

Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

Twitter may remove this content at anytime, convert it as a PDF, save and print for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video

1) Follow Thread Reader App on Twitter so you can easily mention us!

2) Go to a Twitter thread (series of Tweets by the same owner) and mention us with a keyword "unroll" @threadreaderapp unroll

You can practice here first or read more on our help page!

Follow Us on Twitter!

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just three indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3.00/month or $30.00/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Too expensive? Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal Become our Patreon

Thank you for your support!