Story by Maggie Haberman.
Read the piece and then ask yourself...
1) Was appointed through nepotism
2) Has no relevant experience or credentials
3) Was caught trying to set up a back-channel to Russia
4) Was known to be lobbying foreign govs for financing
5) Has achieved nothing of note in the WH
This is the cancer of “Access Journalism”.
It taints and softens the reporting.
...and right now, it’s the only form being practiced by the NYT’s White House correspondents.
Meanwhile, as their coverage is weakened and degraded, those same correspondents are writing a book...
The Times WH desk has an integrity problem - and that means all of us have a problem.
This won’t do.