Discover and read the best of Twitter Threads about #Gov

Most recents (5)

Here's why everybody should be buying $pLUNA on @prism_protocol right now👀

A short 🧵, you won't regret💸
1/ Let's start with the basics: @prism_protocol let's you split ("refract") your $LUNA into two components:

- $yLUNA: representing the underlying $LUNA's yield (current APR 42 % on @prism_protocol) and
- $pLUNA: representing the principal

$pLUNA + $yLUNA = $LUNA
2/ The current ratio of these two components is heavily weighted towards $yLUNA, it representing around 87 % of $LUNA's price ($81), while $pLUNA is only capturing the remaining 13 % ($12). 🤔

That's no wonder as...
Read 11 tweets
Losing the best leader I’ve had today, so sharing a few lessons she taught me (not an exhaustive list). 9 lessons for 9 months:
1 - Always. Choose. People.
When you act to stand up for your values and for other people, everything else falls into place. It’s really as simple as caring about people.
2 - Understand people.
Get to know your team as humans and co-workers – what are their hobbies, how was their weekend, what are they good at, what do they enjoy doing, what do they hate, how do they need/like to be supported. The best leaders adapt to their teams.
Read 14 tweets
Did you know...

That Portland #Police Association (#PPA) President Darryl Turner is also the President of #ORCOPS, the Oregon Coalition of Police & Sheriffs, which he helped launch in 2015?

#PortlandOregon #PortlandOR #PDX #PDXpolice #PoliceUnions #PoliceBrutality #PoliceReform Image
ORCOPS website says "ORCOPS uses the Portland Police Association office as a home base with an on-staff social media manager, in-house communications, and shared resources so our overhead is minimal."
Tom Perkins is the Secretary-Treasurer, who is also from the #PPA.

#pdx #gov ImageImage
#ORCORPS touts itself as saying that their "members are the only law enforcement advocacy group in Oregon with a proven history of influence and representation in the State legislature."

This means they like to be involved in law & policy making.
#gov #Oregon #police #law #usa Image
Read 8 tweets
Quick scan of #buildingsafetybill announcement

Stand by my earlier statement to @itvlondon on #Hackitt review

“It’s a bastardised wish list which may prove cost prohibative to implement”

Will be interesting to see the detail on Monday but THREAD with headline comments.
Many in the sector have known about the fire safety & building standards issues & have raised formally via professional bodies, academic & practice based outputs + petitions to @GOVUK or regional

Fig 1 major fire loss incidents

So why’s it taken @govuk decades to respond!
Immediate steps were too little too late despite warnings of #Garnockcourt #lakanal + many other fires around the globe.

Reviews occurred in @ScotGovBldgStds of primary legislation in 2003

Concept of fire and building safety life cycle isn’t a new one see paper circa 2007/8
Read 34 tweets
On one end, #Design Students are looking for Design #Projects and on the other end, gullible Budding #Founders have no idea about the existence of Design Services. These budding founders visit the #startup portals and startup #events that redirected them toward #technology
companies & a huge expectation mismatch is formed. The Fonder expect to realize the #vision onto paper but the technology #companies don't sketch. The Designer Sketch. It leads to all type of pass the ball game & discourages all the parties involve. Add the word Design
in #Startup Portal. The first thing that hit the mind is Idea and the second thing is a rough sketch of the idea, that is Design. Be it #ProductDesign, #InteractionDesign, #ServiceDesign, #BusinessDesign, #UX etc.

#Gov #Government #DesignAgency #DesignJobs #UXJobs
Read 4 tweets

Related hashtags

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!


This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3.00/month or $30.00/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Too expensive? Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal Become our Patreon

Thank you for your support!