Profile picture
Jasmine R Marcelin, MD @DrJRMarcelin
, 16 tweets, 15 min read Read on Twitter
Happening now: Dr. @JulieSilverMD sharing a plan to achieve next-level leadership #SheLeadsHealthcare #BeEthical
Say yes immediately 20% of the time if it is your sweet spot. But even when you say yes, think about how much time this yes will take. The other 80% need some thought and sometimes you just need to say NO. @JulieSilverMD #SheLeadsHealthcare #BeEthical
What’s the best way to say no? Don’t make your no the end. Turn your “no” into a “yes” for someone else @JulieSilverMD #SheLeadsHealthcare #BeEthical
Show up and Join In! You don’t have to be the one who started the discussion for you to be an influencer. @JulieSilverMD #SheLeadsHealthcare #BeEthical
Be brave. After saying no, if there is something new you want to do, go for it! Focus on the early wins and get the word out on your work! This will lead to more opportunity. @JulieSilverMD #BeEthical #SheLeadsHealthcare
Reach out and lean in, and Insist on sponsorship. As a sponsor yourself, it is important for you to give people opportunities they can actually put on their CV. @JulieSilverMD #SheLeadsHealthcare #BeEthical
Invest time and money in your own professional development. If you don’t invest in yourself, others will not invest in you. @JulieSilverMD #BeEthical #SheLeadsHealthcare
Expand your network, but even if you are a quiet introvert, finding your tribe of shared interests can fuel your strategy for growth. Be strategic with your professional relationships. @JulieSilverMD #SheLeadsHealthcare #BeEthical
Power of amplification. Just like we can amplify positively, negative words can be amplified so think carefully about your words. @JulieSilverMD #BeEthical #SheLeadsHealthcare
I love this @JulieSilverMD quote. “Lead when it’s your job and...when no one else is leading”. #SheLeadsHealthcare #BeEthical
“Google before you go”. Do your homework before the meeting by doing searches and talking to leaders. @JulieSilverMD #SheLeadsHealthcare #BeEthical
Did you know about JANE? Journal Author Name Estimator. I needed to hear this today since I just got a rejection and need to resubmit my manuscript. I’ll be checking out this website when I get home. THANK YOU @JulieSilverMD #BeEthical #SheLeadsHealthcare
If a project doesn’t work, put it on the shelf and move on. Other ideas will come. @JulieSilverMD #SheLeadsHealthcare #BeEthical
So many ways to publish and establish yourself as an influencer. Collaborate with others and make an effort to get yourself out there. @JulieSilverMD #SheLeadsHealthcare #BeEthical
I personally tend to think of it as a work-life continuum. Having imbalance between life and work is normal. But if the work is more meaningful then it may be less stressful. Thanks @JulieSilverMD #SheLeadsHealthcare #BeEthical
We all have ideas. Successful leaders take the time to create an idea development engine so spend time on that. @JulieSilverMD #SheLeadsHealthcare #BeEthical
Missing some Tweet in this thread?
You can try to force a refresh.

Like this thread? Get email updates or save it to PDF!

Subscribe to Jasmine R Marcelin, MD
Profile picture

Get real-time email alerts when new unrolls are available from this author!

This content may be removed anytime!

Twitter may remove this content at anytime, convert it as a PDF, save and print for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video

1) Follow Thread Reader App on Twitter so you can easily mention us!

2) Go to a Twitter thread (series of Tweets by the same owner) and mention us with a keyword "unroll" @threadreaderapp unroll

You can practice here first or read more on our help page!

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just three indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member and get exclusive features!

Premium member ($30.00/year)

Too expensive? Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal Become our Patreon

Thank you for your support!