My Authors
Read all threads
1/ THREAD: Body Language Analysis No. 4025-T: Donald Trump, Hope Hicks, and Affection (PHOTOS) • #BodyLanguageExpert #BodyLanguage #HopeHicks #DonaldTrump #Kiss #Kissing #Affection #Nonverbal #EmotionalIntelligence
2/ Body Language Fact: Kissing with one's eyes closed is a strong signal of heightened affection.
3/ 90% of a healthy person's sensory input is visual. Thus the remaining 10% must be "shared" by the other four senses - touch, taste, hearing, and smell. In addition — 40% of the mass of the human brain is fully dedicated to vision.
4/ When we close our eyes, slight momentary changes occur in both neurologic activity as well as blood flow — with a bit less directed to visual areas of the brain — and a little more toward/in the other regions.
5/ This subtle blood flow/neurologic dynamic brings with it a significant relative shift in oxygen, nutrients, and further increased neurological activity to the remaining 60% of the brain. Thus, the other four senses experience an up-regulation of sensitivity.
6/ Dwell on this phenomenon for a moment. We close our eyes when we taste chocolate cake — when we smell a flower — when we are straining to listen to a faint sound, etc. And when in dim light - our tactile sensitivity immediately increases.
7/ But not only do these other four senses become more perceptive — our cognitive focus also increases — and our emotions also become more intense.
8/ When affection is present — we close our eyes, but when we hug or kiss someone with whom we have no or little affection, our eyes remain open.
9/ SUMMARY: Donald Trump and Hope Hicks have true affection for each other.

10/ Closing our eyes temporarily amplify our other senses, our cognition, and in many contexts, our emotions. This is especially true in the context of a kiss or hug. This allows us to drink-in more of the moment — to feel it more deeply.

continued ...
11/ Thus, closing one's eyes in these scenarios facilitates a natural form of positive biofeedback.

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh.

Enjoying this thread?

Keep Current with Dr. Jack Brown

Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

Twitter may remove this content at anytime, convert it as a PDF, save and print for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video

1) Follow Thread Reader App on Twitter so you can easily mention us!

2) Go to a Twitter thread (series of Tweets by the same owner) and mention us with a keyword "unroll" @threadreaderapp unroll

You can practice here first or read more on our help page!

Follow Us on Twitter!

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just three indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3.00/month or $30.00/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Too expensive? Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal Become our Patreon

Thank you for your support!