1)I don't have too many followers but I would appreciate if you could RT.
My Great Uncle Eion passed away a fortnight ago, when sorting his things we found his #WW2 diary. From 17yo he fought across Europe and Africa. A true #British hero who gave my generation lasting #peace.
2) Jan 27th was the first time he was wounded. Less than a year after joining the Para's.
3) I've been told by those who have served in different branches of the military that one of the toughest things they have to deal with is when the promise of being relieved from the front line is cancelled. It happened to my Uncle. A lot.
If @MarkDuplass is the man I think he is, a good guy who wants to unite people, I feel for him tonight. Last week, he tried to open minds by suggesting people follow Ben Shapiro, the Mob came for his head to frighten Mark into silence.. cont 1
The called @benshapiro all kinds of awful names - like racist & homophobe. They took old tweets, some out of context, some from 10+ years ago that Ben had already addressed and apologized for. But, it was enough for @MarkDuplass to retreat,,, cont 3
3. Some came to speak for both Mark and Ben - such as @BretWeinstein only 2B smeared as the mob on both sides had decided that a lynching must happen. Bloodlust - a thirst for total victory. One of the very vocal anti Ben voices was @JamesGunn - who is very good at smearing foes
Some of the core drivers of the religio-political violence in #Nigeria are failures to harmonise religious, political & civic impulses. I will try to summarise and discuss some of them here. #NotAnotherNigerian@QuilliamOrg
1. #Nigeria is a civic state, with much devout religious practice, mainly Christian and Muslim. Religious loyalty should not undermine civic loyalty, but sometimes does. Eg should Muslims be concerned about the 'ummah' & Christians about fellow believers only? #NotAnotherNigerian
2. The #Nigerian state apparatus, including the legal system, is heavily influenced by Britain. The Muslim areas used to have traditional Sharia, and were part of the Sokoto Caliphate. Sharia always had many interpretations: many of these were civic in nature. #NotAnotherNigerian
We welcome this initiative by @NITIAayog, but a call for comments would have been a welcome addition. The paper takes important steps forward from the #AI Task Force report released earlier this year by the DIPP, Ministry of Commerce and Industry (dipp.nic.in/sites/default/…). 2/n
"Many years ago, the then president of The National Council of Churches warned that the danger of the great religious awakening taking place in our country, might become fanatical and be carried into our political and business life!
"Perhaps this was a fair assessment, that is, if you conflate #Christian#Zionism with religious awakening. Unfortunately, these "fanatical" #Evangelicals have 0 faith in the #Christian religion to which they give empty lip service--while paying homage to those who hate #Christ.
"For lack of faith in the actual #Bible, #Evangelicals make Scofield’ Notes, (Scofield! A drunkard and a con-man allied with the Satanist, Darby) --#Evangelicals have turned Scofield’s NOTES into a DIABOLICAL FORCE in our #national life.
[...] "The watchman’s task has always been a thankless one.
"There are treacherous fifth column elements, who are really working for the #defeat of the #nation, at the hands of its enemies.
"These subversive elements readily gain and hold the #public’s ear, because they soothingly tell the people what they want to hear. Go back to sleep, no danger can come, and there is nothing you can do.
The Creators of the World’s Misfortunes
by Joseph Goebbels
"One could not understand this #war if one did not always keep in mind the fact that International J//ewry stands behind all the unnatural forces that our united enemies use to attempt to deceive the world and keep humanity in the dark.
"It is, so to speak, the mortar that holds the enemy coalition firmly together, despite its differences of class, ideology, and interests.
I’m worried. I have also been shadowbanned. So please RT if you can see this.
In this uneasy political environment, I feel like everything is wrong with Twitter these days.
I worry that people are tweeting and retweeting within a bubble, talking to vastly the same audience. I worry that people are spending hours tweeting when they could be canvassing, registering voters, going to phone banks or door to door.
The #PlateauRoadmapToPeace is an indigenous document, crafted by we the people of Plateau State, to guide and direct our course of action for the next 5 years in consolidating our efforts in peace building.
2. Forgive us, it's going to be a slow #Thread:
The #PlateauRoadmapToPeace is a proactive measure at responding to early warning signs that might erupt in violence, addressing the deep seethed suspicions that have caused conflict over the years and identifying conflict areas.
3. The #PlateauRoadmapToPeace focuses on 5 thematic areas which include:
a. Research, coordination and Partnership.
b. Natural resource management.
c. Peace education.
d. Gender and youth.
e. Post conflict rehabilitation.
f. Resource mobilization strategy . . .
More of the #prophecy. Written around 100 AD. In that day, death will be swallowed up and light come - when the Bond is broken, the world will enter a time of #peace. The Curse is #Cain will be destroyed and God’s Presence will flow throughout the land.
Five shall arise around the Bondbreaker, Five with a purpose and following after God’s plan - the Ageless One, the Lightbringer, the Path-Seeker, the Love Rain, and the Warrior - all important to this final stand. The Spring after the Bond is broken, the Five shall battle beside
the Bondbreaker. Heated shall the battle be, far beyond belief. But the Presence of the Eternal God shall steady their hands as they go into battle.Each have their own duties and gifts: the Path-Seeker will see prophetically into what the Eternal God is saying. As the Path-Seeker