- difficult or expensive onboarding
- incompatible with informal trust structures
- relies too much on formal institutions
- too complex
Very similar to De Soto’s work on poor people vs governments.
- simple reliable functionality
- minimal if any onboarding
- composability (easily use them together)
- enable income generation
- agnostic about external trust structures and institutions
Unfortunately the reliance on utility tokens for many smart contracts ironically creates real barriers against onboarding and composability.
But it seems the community is learning that.