Starting a thread here of "decentralized" DApps/exchanges etc. that have a centralized kill switch or control. Let's start with @KyberNetwork ... looks like they can halt the network, per github.com/KyberNetwork/s…
Correct me if I'm wrong, but does this code not allow the owner of the MakerDAO contract to mint new coins? Source: etherscan.io/address/0x9f8f…
PSA: If you think the #EOS launch was chaotic, wait until #TRON launches in a couple of days... I also happened to have reviewed the entire $TRX codebase.
My eyes hurt.
They should rebrand to "TRON: the Frankenstein of crypto." Learn more 👇
Justin Sun loves bashing on #Ethereum, which is hilarious, since the majority of Java-Tron's codebase is based on the EthereumJ library - one of the most buggy implementations of the Ethereum protocol. They tried to hide this, but failed: github.com/tronprotocol/j…
Unsurprisingly, the highly marketed Tron Virtual Machine is a FIFO implementation of the Ethereum Virtual Machine, which makes sense given the use of EthereumJ, but once again it was announced as an original and miraculous piece of software.
- #Ethereum code school CryptoZombies trained 208k+ users and is growing by 30k+/mo
- Truffle has 580k dls, up 56% last 3 mo
- MetaMask has >1m users
- GitHub lists 14k $ETH-based repos and 220k commits
- 1500+ dapps are in dev
- ETH does more tx and active addresses than BTC
- No, batching doesn't make up the dif in tx
- Of the top 100 tokens by MC, 94% are built on Ethereum
- EEA boasts 500+ members
- Brazil, Canada, Zug, Chile, Dubai, and Estonia are experimenting w/ government apps on Ethereum
On the topic of daily act addr (DAA):
Value transfer is a use case and those *transacting value daily* are DAUs you morons.
Fundraising with $ETH = MOE.
By DAA, Ethereum has as many or more users than BTC.
Great analysis of the Canadian Securities Administrators new guidance on ICOs and securities by @Osler_Law. Summary:
- Most ICOs/SAFT (utility tokens) are securities
- Same approach as SEC
- No new regs: existing secutiries rules apply
- Enforcement coming
Read comments below👇
"Most token offerings are subject to Canadian securities laws and that regulators will continue to take enforcement action against projects and businesses that engage in token offerings without complying with applicable securities laws"
BTC maximalists who remained untainted 😎
- regulators are monitoring the crypto-asset space
- understand commonly used token offering models (...) adopted to minimize Canadian securities laws.
- SAFTs, air drops from foreign jurisdictions
- nonetheless be subject to Canadian securities laws
I don’t think people understand how complicated something like @AugurProject actually is or how challenging an engineering effort it is to build on #ethereum. Here’s an explanation
First, to start, I’m not bullshitting you. We’ve shipped production vuln free code before on Ethereum like the original augur sale smart contract which handled 1M ETH. We’ve been writing contracts on Ethereum since before solidity was even a language.
I also wrote/tested Numerai’s smart contract which is one of a few apps on Ethereum in production. Serpent caused its troubles, after having serpent audited we found a bunch of severe vulnerabilities and had to rewrite the entire contract suite (which was done very rapidly)
1/ Put together some informal thoughts on smart contract platforms for friends that I figured I should share. Clearly, this market is #Ethereum’s to lose.
2/ The reward, however, for any smart contract platform that can achieve #Ethereum levels of success is significant. Makes the expected value of investments potentially positive, even if low odds.
3/ #Ethereum has a “feature gravity advantage” over the upstarts, and a proven willingness to move fast and avoid ossification. So long as scale doesn’t make things a quagmire, such flexible governance will suit $ETH well going forward.
Lo que sabemos del #Petro hasta ahora, en los próximos tweets:
- Token será representado con el acrónimo $PTR
- Emisión máxima sería de 100.000.000 de $PTR
- Preventa comenzó ayer 20 de febrero y terminaría el 19 de marzo
- Venta pública pautada para iniciar el 20 de marzo
- El registro para el ICO es engorroso y presenta problemas
- Maduro afirmó que $735 millones han sido invertidos en el ICO, no hay manera de confirmar pues aceptan transferencias bancarias
- Miembros de @NEMofficial aseguran no haberse reunido con el gobierno, como éste indicó
1/ My vision with #prologcoin is as follows:
Imagine a standard Prolog environment with a command line prompt.
And then you share a state with your peers. This state is an implicit endless growing query.
2/ From this query it follows that if it is true, so is any subsequence of it. The goal is then to support full validation on certain subsequences (e.g. your wallet can be fully validated.)
3/ If we use Mimblewimble as the base (economic) transactions, we can also prune this query further (following the special axioms that Mimblewimble transaction cut-through gives us.)
1\ Have you heard this reasoning? "#Ethereum is better than #Bitcoin because it can do more." => "The EVM is Turing-complete and Bitcoin Script isn't, so Ethereum is a better cryptocurrency." => "Bitcoin's creators were too early/stupid/blind to make Bitcoin Turing-complete."
2\ This is a blatant misunderstanding! To a non-technical person, Turing-completeness and being able to compute anything is *obviously* better. But programmers know that Turing-completeness is Pandora's box: you don't know what it contains and you can't close it once opened...
3\ ...Turing-completeness is like a nuclear explosion. Once the threshold density/temperature is breached, fission fuel self-ignites and explodes. The hard part isn't blowing past the threshold, but staying as close to it as possible: energy => criticality => balance => control.
What coin is better and would be bigger than bitcoin in the next 2 years . The thread starts here . Please retweet and the first post and follow to show appreciation #Bitcoin#Ethereum#Litecoin
1. While the information presented in these tweets has been researched and is thought to be reasonable and accurate, any cryptocurrency investment is speculative in nature
2. No information, forward looking statements, or estimations presented herein represent any final determination on investment performance
I do not guarantee any rate of return or investment timeline based on the information presented herein.
1/17 I keep track of my portfolio on my Excel file. It gives me flexibility and ability to customize any data I need to evaluate my investment. Today I want to show you how to import @CoinMarketCap data into Excel and setup auto-update.
2/17 We will use CoinMarketCap API and import them to our Excel. Once you have real time coin data on your Excel you can start creating your own tools to evaluate your investment. If you portfolio consists of several coins like mine, it is easy to lose track.
3/17. I won’t dig into customization this time. I leave it to you to explore. Here is one example: